1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Ataxa Reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by little-myth, May 7, 2015.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Got back from Ataxa's first battle, I made a simple list of Ataxa, 25 Saurus, 20 Temple Guard, Jungle Swarms and 12 Skinks (cause odd numbers) This is a test list as I have to focus on Ataxa.

Battle went pretty darn bad for me at the start. Skinks got squished by Chaos Riders and they started to troll my Saurus by going in circles while the Jungle Swarms had to position themselves every single time.

Anyway back to Ataxa, he kept rolling on the table and got rules which were either not useful for that round or bad when it came to it. I put him with Temple Guard for this test. He killed 7 Chaos knights but he murdered 4 of the Temple Guard due to Blind Rage.
    He also took on some challenges too.
    First challenge he won but took one wound, on the second though he got massacred by the Chosen.
    Before his death he funny enough killed the last three of his unit but was still able to chase some Chaos.

The problem with the game was I got surrounded so easily D: and trolled by horses.

So just focusing on Ataxa, he seems a good character that can take on hoards with his unit or take on models with large amount of wounds with his unit. By himself he is pretty much in danger and you have to rely on the dice heavily as he has no shield for an extra + to his save. Or land those wounds if he has Always Strikes First on the table.

spawning of Bob and n810 like this.