1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Balewind Vortex

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Superwet, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Superwet
    Skink

Superwet New Member

I can find the Balewind Vortex warscroll on Warhammer community faq page. But I couldn’t find how many points it is.

Kilvakar and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

Balewind was removed from the game at the start of 3rd edition. it is now legacy content but is no longer allowed in match play

Kilvakar likes this.
  3. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Which was very unfortunate. It was one of the best endless spells. I guess they just didn't want to keep making it.

4. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

My theory is that they didn't want to remake the regular slann starmaster so they just got rid of balewind. I was certain that since kroak got remade that the slann was gonna just be slapped on the balewind instead to be a budget kroak

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

if that was the reason, is kinda weak.
    BV cannot be moved and cannot placed upon a realmshape engine and you are going to pay good points for that +1 to cast / unbind. Considering some of the current armies, a Slann on a Vortex is basically a sitting duck.
    i'm more inclined to believe that GW saw that the market was alread flooded with BVs, so the model was no more selling and there was no meaning in keeping it around.

6. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Well, it's also out of production. So there's that as well. I kind of think that GW doesn't want to keep OOP models in the game since they technically aren't selling any of them.

7. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

It was a broken spell and I'm glad it is gone. All it did was increase the power of high magic armies.

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Still it's a bitter end for people that paid for a BV, painted it and now can just keep it on a shelf.
    It was not that hard to tweak it into a weaker version, many endless spells have been totally changed from 2.0.

Erta Wanderer and Kilvakar like this.
  9. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Indeed. They could have just nerfed it like they did for all the others. I think it was really just because it was no longer bring produced so there was no more money to be made from it. The Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power sets are still available online, but I don't think the BWV has been in production for a long time.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  10. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

The Balewind Vortex was (originally?) used in Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th edition as an Arcane Fulcrum for Strom of Magic scenarios (I bought all of the arcane fulcrum models at that time). I took a several year break after the End Times and was quite surprised to see the model in regular use in AoS 2ed. It's no surprise that GW decided to axe it though.

Kilvakar likes this.