8th Ed. beasty skink horde

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by THE_LAIR, Aug 7, 2012.

1. THE_LAIR
    Saurus

THE_LAIR New Member

when you use a slann with lore of beasts to buff up a skink horde of 50 with bsb (skavenpeltbanner) and 4 skink chiefs. ( +3A / +3T / +3S ) and increasing the T and S of the unit by one. Does the brave get +1T and +1S or does he get +4T / +4S and +3A ??

tl;dr : doe a brave count as a character when casting lore of beast's augments?

tnx,

THE_LAIR

2. jayzerus
    Skink

jayzerus Member

Unfortunately no to Savage Beast. He does get the Wyssan's buff though.

3. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

a champion is not a character (though he can still benefit from "look out sir" and can accept and issue challenges) and thus can not be augmented with savage beasts or panns pelt.

hence he will get +1S and +1T if you augment his unit with wildform, but you would have to target something else with the character-buffs.

ps. dont waste wildform on skinks...

4. THE_LAIR
    Saurus

THE_LAIR New Member

tnx! i was just going to experiment with a 50 strong horde unit containing 3 kroxigor and 2 skink chiefs with an additional hand weapon and one chief bsb with the skavenpelt banner. casting the auments on all the caracters in the unit 2th lvl for both the pelt and the horros spell.and an easy wildform spell. making it a total of 12 S7 attacks from the kroxigors 23 S7 attacks from the chiefs at I6 and 24 skink attacks at s 4. rerollable against a skaven player in the first round of combat. would this be worth trying ?

5. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

just remember that you are talking about a unit that costs 500-600 points PLUS a ~400 point slann to support. thats almost half of your total army in a "normal" 2400p battle. it is infact more expensive than most "chosenstars" even if you include the supporting warshrine. I am not saying it is not powerful, i am saying if it didnt absolutely obliterate any unit in front of it you had spent a whole bunch of points in vain.

as a comparison you could buy a horde of 35-40 sauruses with 2 scar vets AND the slann for roughly the same cost. thats a whole bunch of S5 T5 models with two absolute monsters (scar vets). In any battle my money would be on the sauruses ;)

6. THE_LAIR
    Saurus

THE_LAIR New Member

tanks again for the reply,

I can cleerly seer you point! and i'd indeed rather choose a saurus hodre with scarvets. they would be more than capable of bringing a lot more pain for the same points or meybe even less.

i will still be running the list since it's not a compettitive game. :p maybe i'll stick tehenaeuin in there on an Eotg instead of a slann. it is a theme game after all. :p

tanx for the advice. i could indeed make a unit with a lot more potential with saurus