8th Ed. Becoming unhittable?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Qupakoco, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Let's say I've got an Oldblood with Fencer's Blades and Glittering Scales. Against most rank and file guys he can only be hit on a 6+. Now pretend he gets Pha's Protection cast on him, or the unit he's fighting gets Icesharded. Is he now impossible to hit in close combat? Or would it become a 7+ to hit, like with shooting?

We decided 7+ in a game recently, but I'd like some lizardly advice. I didn't see anything specific in the FAQ, but maybe one of you know exactly what's up. Thanks!

Feel free to reprimand me with cleaning duty of the Razordon pen if it's really obvious.

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

It's not obvious, for sure. I would say that in the rulebook, I believe that a 6 always hits. However, when you think of spells that give a +1 to wound, you can enter a state where you autowound something.

What is everyone's opinion on this?

3. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

6's to hit always hit, 1's to hit always fail
    same with wounds

even if u have a -15341384, that is the most fair =)

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

There was a FAQ that made auto wounding possible though (in combination with a +1 to wound spell).

5. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

In regards to To-Hit rolls, the book is very specific:
    With regards to auto-wounding, I'm surprised to find that you can actually auto-wound. Warhammer is just a joke when it comes to consistent rules.

6. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Yah, a lot of rules are inconsistent. That's mainly why this came up. But looking at page 50, it's as clear as day. Thanks!

I guess this also implies that you can always autowound with poison in close combat, but not with shooting.