8th Ed. Blade of Realities

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Lord Tsunami, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

Hi folks

If i strike a unit of trolls with blade of realities, and score 5 hits, they take 5 Ld tests, yes? Lets assume they fail all 5. Do this mean that i actually kill 5 trolls? It sounds almost too good to be true, lol.

Secondly, im assuming they get to use the BSB reroll on the Ld tests, but not the generals Ld.

Am i right, or am i high? :smug:

2. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

a fail kills the model aoutright, failing some rule keeping them alive.

I don't think you'd get the banner re roll(i think its just for panic tests but don't have my BRB on me atm)
    as for generals leadership, id say no as well since its the models unmodified Ld for the test, but again, I may be totally wrong so.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

In our book it says on the own, unmodified leadership.

4. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

rulebook p107 makes it very clear (to me) that you can use the BSB reroll, i just wanted to check if anyone had any evidence against it. the "important" question was the one about how many trolls are killed. does he "hit" 5 different trolls, or can it be argued that he cant hit more than the number in base contact with him :smug:

5. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

It's 5 dead trolls.

Remember, rolling dice in a "batch" is simply to speed up gameplay. Technically you could roll each of your 5 attacks seperately... if your opponent wants to argue just demonstrate by doing exactly that!

Roll 1 die, hit, fail LD, 1 troll dead
    Roll second die hit, etc, etc

Unless he can find a specific contradiction in the rules (which I do not think there is), then that's how to play it.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'm pretty sure the opponent would get a re-roll of the leadership test if he/she is within range of the battle standard bearer. In the rule book, under the battle standard bearer rule "Hold your ground" it states "friendly models within 12" of the Battle Standard Bearer re-roll failed Leadership tests of any kind...'

So it is definitely a big hit against the blade of realities (perhaps not too bad in the case of the trolls since even with a re-roll their unmodified leadership is appalling). But against anyone with even decent leadership, the re-roll is a huge blow.

7. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

very good point. just what i needed :bored: