8th Ed. Bladewind (multiple wounds allocation)

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Jinxed Mojo, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Jinxed Mojo
    Skink

Jinxed Mojo New Member

Hi!
    So me and some friends finally started playing. We've only had two gaming days so far, so we're still in the phase of getting used to all the rules (i.e we're noobs). Anyway, I played my Dark Elf friend and he used Bladewind from the Lore of Dark Magic on my unit of three Ripperdactyls. I failed two of the three weapon skill tests and it resulted in two wounds. My question is, does the two wounds allocate to one model, removing it from play, or does two models lose one wound each, since they individually failed their characteristic test?
    I've read alot about wounds allocation with multiple wounds models here on this forum, but it's still something that is very fuzzy to me.
    Please include an explanation and/or reference on how to play it, helps alot.
    Thanks!

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

it's two wounds allocated to one model. :( :(

3. T_Saurus
    Cold One

T_Saurus Member

Ok I've had a ton of discussions regarding multi wound units over the years. First of all you need to stop imagining each model having its own wounds and instead think of a pool of wounds for the unit (unless you have a unit champion he can be wounded separately). So with this pool of wounds for your example we would have 3 ripperdactyls with 2 wounds each for a total of 6 wounds. If something damages you unit you see how many wounds were inflicted and if it is more than the wound characteristic of the model then you take a model off with any remainders staying on the unit. So say that you failed all of the tests and ended up taking 3 wounds. 3 wounds is enough to remove one ripperdactyl and leave the unit with another wound on it.

4. Jinxed Mojo
    Skink

Jinxed Mojo New Member

Thanks for clearing that out.
    T_Saurus, I know how to allocate wounds in shooting, close combat and whatnot. I was confused in this particular case just because that the spell makes every model take a characteristic test. :)
    If this spell would hit a unit of skinks joined by a skink priest, then the priest would take the test and suffer wounds individually right?

5. Khaluk
    Skink

Khaluk Member

Yeps! - You got it right, Jinxed Mojo. The priest is a character, and therefore counts his own wounds.

6. Jinxed Mojo
    Skink

Jinxed Mojo New Member

Nice, thanks!