1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Blue stuff and finecast

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Cicocolala, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Cicocolala
    Skink

Cicocolala New Member

Hi and hallo! This is my first entry. I was wondering if anybode has had experience with GW finecast models and making blue stuff molds for them?

I like so make molds for characters' heads before building/painting my models, in case I want variation in future conversions. I have a Tetto'eko i finecast and want to make a mold for the head. But relized it's my first finecast model, maybe it would melt from the heat of the formable blue stuff? I've heared that finecast is more brittle than other materials from GW. Anyone with experience?

Thanks in advance

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i do and sort of do i work mostly with green stuff molds.

it would definitely melt even hot tap water warps fine cast. fine cast isn't more brittle it's actually one of their more "durable" materials. the main problems it has is the heat warping and all the flash that you have to cut off pluss nothing ever seems to fit right.(probably a good thing it warps easily other wise i would have some weird looking krox)

Cicocolala and Imrahil like this.
  3. Cicocolala
    Skink

Cicocolala New Member

Alright, thanks a ton! Lucky me relizing I might need some advice on the matter before trying then ^^" Thanks for a quick response :)

Imrahil and Erta Wanderer like this.