7th Ed. BOR for the win

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Serpentsire, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Serpentsire
    Saurus

Serpentsire New Member

If you use pit of shades on a war machine (which has no initiative) it auto dies. By this logic, the blade of realities targetting the new Skaven Plague Furnace or Screaming Bell would evaporate it, yes?

2. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Hmmmm this is tricky...

I was going to post my thoughts until I figured out I have absolutely no idea... so i'm a-gonna just wait and see if they put it in the skaven faq...

3. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Idk exactly how the initiative thing works, but I'm pretty sure GW didn't want blade of realities to vaporize something like the plague/ screaming bell type things.

My opinion would be because its a part of a unit you use the highest leadership value of the unit, so probably the grayseer or w/e.

If you can kill it that easily with BoR, I'll definately use that trick on my VC friend who has Skaven and just grabbed the new book. I bet you he'll (and most players) will conceed as soon as I charge forward and kill it so easily as its a pretty significant amount of points and such.

Haha, I hope BoR can, that would really put those rats in their place...

4. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I think Slann of Itza has the right idea, although I've never had any experience with that specific scenario. I think I'll be facing off against the new Skaven Book sometime this weekend; I'll let y'all know what happens.

5. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Well idk the grayseer leadership or anything, but if you can get an oldblood with BoR into combat with the screaming bell and it has to test off any leadership, even if the grayseer had ld 8, the fact is it will fail a test, and then you kill a major thing from the skaven army.

The real question is, what then? Does the grayseer fall into the unit pushing it and it continues combat? or does everything pushing the bell die along with it. Obviously the rat ogre ringing it will die, right?

Hmmmmm... This will be really interesting to check back into in the future. ;)

6. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

I just realized, a chariot doesn't have Ld on its stat line either, would Blade of Realities *Voip* it instantly too on a single hit? And I haven't faced a chariot in 7th yet, but the orc chariot I'm looking at doesn't have a WS either, so do you auto-hit if you choose to aim at the chariot? in which case, if the BoR can auto-slay it, the oldblood with BoR simply needs to say I put one attack on the chariot itself...Auto-hit...Auto-Slay....?

Also, say the chariot was in a unit or had a character who fell on foot after the chariot *voip*ed, does the BoR only cause one wound when counting combat resolution? or if you *voip* something with 5 wounds, is that 5 combat resolution?

;)

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Chariots without characters count as single models and have a leadership that they test on for things like panic checks etc. Same thing for attacking it in close combat, you still roll to hit using the crew's weapon skill. So for BoR you would indeed be able to instant-kill it, just use the highest Ld of the multi-part chariot model for the tests. As for combat res, I would assume the *voip* effect would work just like killing blow works. You get the number of remaining wounds worth of combat res.

So no auto-hit auto-kill... but on the bright side, if you were attacking the chariot itself, which doesn't have a soul, then Blade of Realities wouldn't really work!

8. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Well the soul thing is the fluff, to better describe the effect in my mind I imagine it like the oldblood swings the sword and it creates a tiny black hole that sucks the enemy in while it stretches and spirals into endless nothing.

But if what you said is correct, then the screaming bell question is answered because the rat ogre is considered part of the model, so I guess its off his leadership and WS. Oh well...