1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Brainstorming what the Old World heroes of the lizardmen would be

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dread Saurian, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

I recently put out a randomly thought out nakai but he forgot his name and @Erta Wanderer shored it up here he is

Spirit of the Jungle 340 points
    move 10" bravery 10 wounds 12 save 3+
    Standard of the old ones 7 attacks 2" range 3/3/-1/3
    jaws 1 attack 1" range 4/3/-1/2

Apex predator Jaws
    The Spirit of The Jungles jaws are a death sentence for most enemies. On an unmodified attack roll of 6 deal 2 mortal wounds

memories of Tlanxla
    when this model kills a model in combat he is brought back to when his birth city fell. add 1 to all hit and wound rolls made with it's standard of the old ones weapon for the rest of the battle.

Icon of Azri
    the peak of his kind all others look to him for example all kroxigor wholly within 16" gain +1 to hit rolls as they are filled with the same rage and purpose

Old beyond measure
    as the great kroxagor age their scales harden forming a defence stronger then walls or armor when ever a wound is inflicted on this model roll a die on a 5+ the wound is ignored

mighty bulk
    Kroxagor are huge and hard to stop when they get moving. when ever this model charges roll a die on a 3+ deal 1d3 mortal wounds to a unit within 1"

He even made a battalion for em that would fucking work out so we wouldn't have to rely on slanns(even though I'd still try to find a way to have a frog)

Battalion Ghosts of the jungle 180
    Spirit of the jungle
    2-6 units of kroxigor
    0-3 units of skinks
    All kroxigor gain the benefit of mighty bulk rule (see spirit of the jungle)

So today I got a mad idea
    What about the rest of them?

I'll give a try at Gor Rok
    The Great white Lizard 300pts
    Move 9 bravery 10 wounds 8 save 2+

Mace of ulumak 5 attacks 3+/3+/-2/2
    Snapping jaws 1 attack 4+/4+/-/1
    Shield of Aeons 1 attack 4+/4+/-1/1

Shield of Aeons
    The Great shield of Aeons made for The great white Lizard can block even the strongest of attacks. When The Great White Lizard takes a wound on a 4+ ignore the wound (3+ vs ranged)

Sentinel of The Lost Cities
    Being as old and as The Great White Lizard is he has been in combat with all kinds of warriors and a master at baiting his enemies into charging headlong into folly. When The Great White Lizard is charged subtract 1 from the attack rolls of unit(s) that charged him

Patriarch of The Sunbloods
    All sunbloods claim to be a descendant of The Great White Lizard and all have claimed to inherited his savagery. All sunbloods gain a +1 to wound rolls for the game when The Great White Lizard is in Play

I don't have a clue how I would do tehenuain, tiktakto, kroq gar(maybe a super old one with an option to have a beast mode carno or a dread sauruan mount)(or do we count him as just old blood on carno?), tatteteo(the skink on the big rock), oxyotl seems like he'd be fun to make, and well mazdamundi is a whole different psycho because where he is zlaaq is sure to follow.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

sounds like fun! give me a few hours and i'll put some out

LizardWizard, Lizerd and Nazqua like this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

tehenuain or as we will call him

Wounds 7 Bravery 10 speed 8 save 4+

weapons
    sacrificial knife 3 attacks 3/3/-1/1

Leader of builders
    the greatest of skinks has a way of inspiring greatness in his followers. if this unit is the general all coalesced skinks have bravery of 10 and all star born skinks bravery can not be changed by enemy abilities.

chosen for a higher porpos
    this model can not be used for the slann channeling ability

Blood sacrifice to Sotek
    any model killed by this unit adds to the sacrificial tally
    1 when ever this model would take a wound roll a dice on a 4+ that wound is transferred to any skink key word unit within 1"
    2-3 add +1 to spell rolls and unbinds for this unit
    4-5 all skink and kroxagor key word units wholly within 12" gain +1 rend to melee weapon attacks
    6-7 all skink and kroxagor key word units wholly within 12" gain -1 to be hit by melee attacks
    8-9 all skink and kroxagor key word units wholly within 12" gain +1 save when engaged in melee
    10+ all ranges increase to 18"

The avatar of Sotek is both a wizard and a mage he knows the blood of the corrupted prayer and the call of sotek spell

blood of the corrupted
    roll a dice for each enemy unit within 12" on a 3+ that unit takes 1 MW on a 6 it takes 1d3 mortal wounds. any models killed with this ability are added to the sacrificial tally

call of sotek
    this spell is effected by Blood sacrifice to Sotek
    cast on a 7
    pick a point 12" from this model and draw a line. every non friendly unit touched by that line takes 1 mw and must immediately roll a battle shock test regardless of immunity
    tally 2+ -1 to bravery for units hit
    tally 4+ damage becomes 3
    tally 7+ range increases to 18"
    models killed in this way do not count toward the tally

4. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Oxoytl

He that hunts unseen: While in terrain that grants a cover save, Oxoytl cannot be targeted by shooting or magic attacks.

Hunter of Demons: When a shooting attack with this models blowpipe hits a unit with the demon keyword, the attack deal 3 mortal wounds and the attack sequence end.

4 shot blowpipe.

5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i think a better rule for He that hunts unseen would be the 40k or IDK one. He that hunts unseen: attacks can not target this module unless it is the closest unit to them. that lets people deal with him wile still making him rather hard to kill

and as funny as hunter of deamonds is it is going to be a feast or famine ability, there aren't enough deamonds in the game to make that ability useful. even full chaos armies can have no deamonds in them

6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Outstanding work
    which lore would he be able to take spells from?

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

I was thinking skink and slann but then i realized what horrors he could make with our horde breaker spell and his tally. so it's just the skink one, still realy good and lets you play melee skinks

8. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Thank you for the base rules help ill take it from here brother

The shadow of the slanns 145 pts
    Move 12 bravery 9 wounds 7 save 4+
    Sacred blade attacks 2 4+/4+/-1/1
    Blowpipe of the unseen doom shots 4 4+/3+/-1/1

Poison of the Charaoc Snake
    The Charaoc Snake is a extremely venomous animal that the chameleon skink known as The Shadow Of The Slann has been milking since its discovery long ago and its venom is of one of the most potent varieties when refined properly. All unmodified rolls of 6 on wound rolls deal an extra mortal wound and the the unit has a -1 to hit for their next turn

He that hunts Unseen
    The Shadow Of The Slann has the unnatural ability to blend into almost any environment they set foot into and almost vanish when in open war behind a sea of warriors,skinks and the behemoths the Seraphon deploy into battle. attacks can not target this module unless it is the closest unit to them. This unit ignores penalties of difficult terrain and when this model takes a wound on a 6+ ignore the wound

Hunter of Heroes: The Shadow Of The Slann is a cold blooded killer who patiently waits to take out important targets on the battlefield When a shooting attack with this models blowpipe hits a unit with the Elite keyword, the attack deal 3 mortal wounds and subtract 1 from all attack rolls that target makes on the next round of combat

Boom

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Noxolotl, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  9. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

First draft of Ancient Salamander. I used some of the stuff from the AoA to make this. Not sure how to point it because I'm not 100% on calculating the damage values and synergy potential, so looking for feedback instead.

upload_2021-3-17_14-12-12.png

Attached Files:

10. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

I likey I really do but that bracketing would gimp it so hard if you don't get turn 1so kind of a dice roll. Also on the it burns rule I'm assuming on an unmodified roll of 6? And sadly that -2 rend on that jaw just makes me feel sad about my jaws only being -2 hahah

11. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

Yeah I included the bracket because anything over 10 in AoS generally has a bracket. I could reduce the wound count to 8 but then it's soooo squishy. It is on an unmodified 6 as well. I might increase the burning jaw damage to 6 bracketing down, make it a bit crazier!

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  12. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Oh God make me cry more haha

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  13. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

Ancient Sally v2
    Patch notes:
    • Wounds 12->9
    • Burning Jaws base damage 4->3
    • Tearing Claws base attack 6->5
    • It Burns! now effects Burning Jaws
    upload_2021-3-17_14-41-26.png

14. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Hmmm this looks like a good way to create a new carnosaur

"really big carnosaur"
    yesss

15. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Now that's a scary animal

LizardWizard and LordBaconBane like this.
  16. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Tiktaqto aka
    The Eye in the Heavens 130
    Move 15 wounds 11 bravery 8 save 4+

Blade of The Heavens Attacks 4 3+/4+/-2/1
    Beak of the Alpha Terradon Attacks 4 3+/3+/-1/2
    Massive wings Attacks 2 5+/5+/-/1

The King of the Skys
    The Alpha terradon that The Eye In The Heavens rides has been with him since the world that was and has always been a fierce and ferocious asset to the seraphon avian army that delves into the largest group of enemies of to scatter them far and wide. On a successful charge deal 1d3 mortal wounds

Snatch and grab
    When within reach The King in the skys enjoys plucking an enemy off the ground and tossing the helpless victim into the air to fall to their death when released. When this model is within 2" of an opposing infantry roll a dice on a 5+ deal 1d3 mortal wounds

Leader by example
    The Eye In The Heavens Is almost seen at the forefront of his avian army barking out orders and directing flow of his troops to be the most efficient at eliminating enemies all Terradons gain +4" to their Bola range. Ripperdactlys gain a 1+ to hit and on an unmodified roll of 6 on attack rolls deal 2 mortal wounds

Screech of horror
    The King of the Skys is a horror to behold on the field. Causing units to flee at the carnage that unfolds when it lands upon their leaders and tears them to shreds . When this model slays a hero subtract 2 from all units bravery within 12" oh this model till the end of the turn

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    LizardWizard likes this.
  17. lazycaptain35
    Saurus

lazycaptain35 Member

I like the concept very much, Do you have a concept for an Ancient razordon aswell?

LizardWizard likes this.
  18. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

I don't, but I can work on one for sure.

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I like the ancient Salamanders!

LordBaconBane likes this.
  20. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

Didn't Kroq-Gar not only survive the End Times, but ascend?

I wonder who we'd have to bribe at GW to get "Broken Realms: Kroq-Gar" with a nice new model specifically for him.

Heck, he might even fit into the the Order Pantheon, if Tyrion and Teclis can.

Hard to say what his warscroll would be like. What was he like in WFB?