8th Ed. BSB newb question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by eugeniusgenx, Dec 7, 2011.

1. eugeniusgenx
    Skink

eugeniusgenx New Member

I am fairly new so....

When they say +1 Combat result, is that the result at he end of te turn for units in range or is it +1 on determining to hit and wound etc...
    Apologies on a question that has probably been asked 5000 times...

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

It adds +1 to the unit in combat results (combat resolution). So after a turn of close combat when you determine who lost (to see who needs to roll for a break test if applicable) you add a +1 to your resolution. This is in addition to any normal banner that unit may already have allowing for a max of +2 combat resolutions for banners.

Don't forget that all units within 12" of the BSB also get to reroll failed leadership tests, including panic, fear, break and rally etc. But you cannot use this ability on the BSB bearer if he is fleeing.

Hope this helps.

- Lord Cedric

EDIT: For clarification due to my lap cat needing human attention. :smug:

3. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Wait it adds +1 to everything in range? I've been playing that you only get the +1 for the combat that the BSB is in.... do you have a pg #?

4. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Oops! Nope that would be incorrect in my writing. My appologies. Its for the unit it's with. The "within range" is for the leadership tests. I meant to write the leadership tests range in the first paragraph. lol. That's what I get for trying to pet my lap cat and type at the same time. hehe.

I edited my first post to reflect this. Thanks for the help!

- Lord Cedric

5. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

I was freaking out there, way to make me tear through my book looking for some little side note on the edge of a page saying that. :p

6. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Hehe. Sorry! On a side note - your avatar is the black mage from the original Final Fantasy, correct? That is my favorite FF game from the series and I still play it at times on my original 8-bit Nintendo. Thanks for bringing back some cool memories.

- Lord Cedric

7. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Yeah, I got it from a web comic called 8-Bit theater. The series went on for nearly 5 years and just wrapped up 2 years ago.

http://nuklearpower.com/

8. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

Continuing off topic ...

Final Fantasy makes sense. I thought your avatar was an oddly colored Orko from the old He-Man cartoons. That also brings back memories, but not necessarily good ones ...