8th Ed. bug in magic/fire immunity rules

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Xul, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

what do you guys think about the following:

immunity to fire gives a model/unit complete immunity against flaming attacks.
    consider the Burning blade of Chotec for example. it is a magic sword, which has some bonuses, due to its "magical flaming properties". now consider, that you have immunity to fire and some1 smacks your head with that sword. you are immune to the fire, but you still got hit on the head with a sword (wielded by a S5 character, for example). by the rules, this has no effect on you, at all. which is a bit weird, IMO.

and 1 more funny observation : the salamander has a flaming attack, but at the same time, as a war beast, it fears models with flaming attacks :jawdrop:
    no wonder the poor beast eats a skink or three from time to time, instead of releasing that, which it fears :D

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah rules are often made for balance not neccesarily to make sense. It is very odd that salamanders are scared of fire, and simply amusing that a burning cannon ball will do nothing to a unit that a normal cannon ball would crush. The way I see it though is that when fire is detected, the item/ability acts like a ward save and puts a shield up over the model which also deflect the mundane portion.

3. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

Its this fact that makes Dragon Princes very dangerous indeed. My hammer would cave the little fairys skull in but because its wreathed in flame its a no-go. Dumb but a small thing.

4. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

But don't Salamanders cause fear themselves? So, that way; they are immune to fear.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gents at games workshop might have pulled this one off (probably by accident)

The Hunted

5. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

indeed, you are right! 1 mystery solved :)

6. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

341 to go!

The Hunted