1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Building a new list for 2000 pt KC and I could use some feedback

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Juicemath, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Juicemath
    Jungle Swarm

Juicemath New Member

I was thinking a list similar to this since I would not need to buy any new models

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Seraphon) [1,970pts] ++

+ Leader +

Lord Kroak [320pts]

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur [210pts]: [Koatl's Claw] Dominant Predator, Celestite Warspear, Eviscerating Blade, General

Saurus Sunblood [130pts]

Skink Oracle on Troglodon [220pts]

Skink Starpriest [120pts]

+ Battleline +

Saurus Guard [300pts]: 3x 5 Saurus Guards, Saurus Guard Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer

Saurus Knights [200pts]: Celestite Warspear, Saurus Knight Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer
    . 2x 5 Saurus Knights: 2x Powerful Jaws, 2x Snapping Jaws

Saurus Knights [100pts]: 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Warspear, Saurus Knight Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer

Saurus Knights [100pts]: 5 Saurus Knights, Celestite Warspear, Saurus Knight Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer

Saurus Warriors [270pts]: Celestite Club, Saurus Warrior Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer
    . 3x 10 Saurus Warriors: 3x Powerful Jaws

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
    . Allegiance: Seraphon
    . . Coalesced: Koatl's Claw

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

++ Total: [1,970pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

what are your thoughts on this list? I thought the troglodon would be better than an Astrolith bearer, but I have not heard of them used much in KC. What about a engine of the gods or an Astrolith bearer. I would need to buy those

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I like the Astrolith more than the Trog, but Trog has gotten better after the point cost decrease. The main downside is that the Trog has to be up front and cannot benefit from Look out Sir.

Over all your list seems pretty solid. It is a little light on rend and might suffer vs strong save characteristic armies.

3. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

I get the point of having 15 Saurus Guard, more wounds for Kroaq, but I think that 5 will be enough.

This and the Scar Veteran looks like you made a battalion but you didn't buy it. If that's what you tried, I'd drop some Guards and buy the battalion (160 points I think). With a battalion you have an extra artifact, for the Troglodon (Cloak of feathers) or your Sunblood (Blade of Realities).

If that wasn't your case, I'd bring some Skink screens with your 200 points leftover to guard your Saurus or a unit to get a point.

Make it 40 somehow. After all, AoS is about seizing points.

As a personal preference, I'd bring the Astrolith when I'm playing as a Starborne, so you get a D3 for summoning. Troglodon+Kroaq is a good combo if you can cast your Balewind Vortex, as your Celestial Deliverance will be a 16" spell from your Trog. Astrolith also gives 6" extra for your spells, a +1 to cast/unbind and a 6FnP for mortal wounds.

LizardWizard and IggyStarhost like this.