8th Ed. Can Slann be BSB and General?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by nzkoston, Apr 5, 2012.

1. nzkoston
    Skink

nzkoston New Member

is this allowed? i cant see where it says the slann can be both. I thought it was one or the other. I see people are writing lists with the slann being the general and the BSB. Please help shed light on this for me please.

thanks

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Ummmm like Yea... ;)

3. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

In the Lizardmen rule book, possibly in the footer of the Slann page, it specifically says Slann can be both. Also worth mentioning, is that I believe it says you can also take a magic banner up to 50pts on him, which doesn't count toward his magic items point limit. Worth checking, but I don't have the book.

4. nzkoston
    Skink

nzkoston New Member

Ah cool, i'll take another browse through to see if i can find it. I will need to show my group this particular rule because at present they dont believe me.

So he can also take magical items AND a magic banner too? thats too sweet!

5. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

It's in the BSB section at the end of the "heroes" there all BSB options are explained and including that a frog can be one have a banner up to a 100 pts and still have his items too.

6. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Yep. Bottom of page 93 in our book.

7. nzkoston
    Skink

nzkoston New Member

awesome thanks guys. just what i needed!

8. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

Arr, when I were a lad, way back in 5th edition that was, when slann still remembered how to fight, you got one magic item per level, none of this points limitation rubbish you hve now. Then the slann got to have an extra magic item 'cos the lizardmen had so many just lying around like, course that was before someone stole them all, not so many around now, and he got to have a magic banner too. Course then lizardmen were the only army that got ASF for everyone, though it was limited to a single turn. Spawnings today got no respect for the old days...