7th Ed. Can TK stand and shoot

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Revered_Guardian, May 7, 2009.

1. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

If anyones seen there book, i could ahve swore a rule was they could only react to a charge by holding, but im not sure.... im thinking of hierophant assassination tactics :D

Also.... can mages cast non magic missiles in cc????? I can't find anything in the 7th edition rulebook that says they can't, only magic missiles. Am I missing something or did I just not fully understand?

2. Corbechev
    Saurus

Corbechev New Member

I am 98% sure that you can cast non magic missiles into combat unless it says otherwise in the spell description of course..

As for the Tomb Kings, I am awaiting a response from a friend who has actually read the codex.. I will let you know

Edit: He says, he is pretty sure they can.. but I would await a more credible witness..

Vampire Counts have a mandatory Hold as a charge reaction, I am not sure if that applies to Khemri

3. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

TY but i meant can mages cast while they are in close combat..... says nothing other than that they can't use magic missiles

4. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Undead can only react to charges by holding, so no, they can't stand and shoot

5. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep undead can only ever hold, aside from the banshee in the VC book.

As to mages and combat, yes they can cast non magic missile spells from combat. However, be aware that they have no line of sight from combat so they cannot cast spells that require LoS to other things, and some spells will say they cannot be cast from combat, look at the description before casting.

7. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

my god..... light and death are looking alot more usefull witht eh slaan and the 12" bubble....run headlong into battle and incinerate as you go anyone?

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

The usual downside of those spells is that the closer you get to the enemy, the easier you are to kill. Mages are normally soft and squishy, so tend to stay back from the main battle line and cast from safety.

But what better safety is there than a giant fat toad hidden in the second rank of tough-as-nails killing machines that will die before fleeing? :D Throw him in and let the carnage happen.

9. celluknight
    Jungle Swarm

celluknight New Member

Isnt stand and shoot basically holding anyway? Is it not holding, but if able, you can stand and shoot?