8th Ed. Cannon ball + stegadon

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Nuclear, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Nuclear
    Skink

Nuclear New Member

So let me see if I got this correct. Cannonball bounces and hits stegadon w/ character riding:

stegadon takes d6 s10 hits,
    the 4 skink crew take d6 s10 hits,
    the chief/priest takes d6 s10 hits.

Is that how it works? If so...wow

also, does a direct hit do the same, or am i correct in thinking that, even if it lands on top of the stegadon, it counts as a "bouncing cannonball" for all damage done by it?

2. MasterSlann
    Cold One

MasterSlann New Member

no you roll to wound against each of the crew, the stegadon, and the character, and then if they wound, it is multiplied into d6 wounds. if a cannon ball hits any part of the base it hits just as if it was bouncing even if it is a "direct hit."

3. Nuclear
    Skink

Nuclear New Member

Ah right...still, with S10, not gonna be hard to wound. Actually the way I described it, would have resulted in more chances to roll 1's and save some wounds...

I gotta say, that really puts the hurt on stegadons. On average a single cannonball is going to kill the hero, and leave the steggy with 1-2 wounds and a single crewman. I can see why cannons are becoming so popular, and why we need chameleons and terradons.

another question related:

For Regrowth, the way I am interpreting the last line is that you COULD use it to heal the skink riders, as they are neither characters, or mounts. Is is ok you think?

Thanks for the feedback.

4. MasterSlann
    Cold One

MasterSlann New Member

yeah i know cannons are bad news for steggies and carnies, im not sure about the regrowth though... ive only used it to regrow the steggie and not worrying about the skinks