7th Ed. casting spells

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Walgis, May 24, 2010.

1. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

ok didnt find my answer in faq so im asking here.
    if wizard is in CC can he cast any spells? that is i fuond a rule where he cant cast magical missiles but theres no word about o ther type of spell. in logic they cant becouse theyre fighting and if they try to cast something they would be killed easaly.
    plz answer me :)

2. kermitthefrog3
    Skink

kermitthefrog3 New Member

A wizard cannot cast a spell INTO cc (unless it says specifically ya can), or a magic missile whilst in CC OR into CC.

Being in CC also blocks LOS, unless your a large target, like a slaan or an engine priest.

Note: A slaan has exeption to the magic missile rule whilst in a unit of temple guard.

Hope this helps, its a bit complicated.

3. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

this i understand but there is spell witch dont require los. can these spell be cast while in CC?
    i played a game where a chaos sorcerer casted infernal gateway while he was in CC

4. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Yes, if it doesn't require line of sight and is not a magic missile, then the mage can cast it even if it is in close combat.

5. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

oh well if thats the rules. i imagen a mage trying to cast a spell and *crack* goes his skull when a sword strikes it :D

6. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

It would be cool if the opponent got a free attack with anybody that is in contact with the mage that tries to cast a spell during the magic phase.