1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Cerind's lizard log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Cerind, May 5, 2019.

1. Cerind
    Skink

Cerind Member

Cheers fellow herpetological aficionados,
    I figured starting a paint/assembly log will help me keep track, keep on track, and get feedback, so here we go!

I've been a long time 40k collector, more than a player, as I got in the game in ca. 2003 with sisters of battle, and Astra mili...you're in the Guard, son ! :D

Anyway fast forward 15 years, half my sisters are painted, I've done an excursion towards blood Bowl (nurgle, lizards, orks, goblins) and Death guard (in gauss blaster green because they're not WWI grunts ;) ) and here I am finally assembling and trying to paint my lizards :) wish me luck ;)

I've followed the Start collecting optimisation tutorial, got a basti, and the resin bosses. I'm currently trying to figure out a colour scheme, I quite like the day geckos of the Phelsuma laticauda species as lizards, but it may be a challenge... ;)
    tumblr_mtp959mr911s05o54o1_500.jpg

Anyway, I'm also trying to convert old resin khorne hounds to razordons and salamanders, I think it works OK with some green stuff. Soo, on to making pictures and progress!

Cheers
    Cerind

Warden, Imrahil and Aginor like this.
  2. Cerind
    Skink

Cerind Member

Here are the WIP pics of the hounds being converted, no extra spikes yet. There's is also a salamander trial, as well as the popular troglodon salvage from the SC box, here with wire mesh as I didn't have miliput anymore :)
    (I only have the phone and bad lighting for pictures at the moment unfortunately)

IMG_20190505_190627.jpg IMG_20190505_190520.jpg IMG_20190505_190601.jpg IMG_20190505_190614.jpg

Warden, BeardyGecko, Ritual and 3 others like this.
  3. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Oooo I like the scales on the body of that traglodon good job :) .

Cerind likes this.
  4. Cerind
    Skink

Cerind Member

Well so far it's just wire mesh bent to shape, but it does give a nice look. It's supposed to be the base upon which I will build the body (originally in the Start Collecting optimisation post, they use miliput instead).
    Basically it'll be covered in green stuff later, but I'm tempted to use some extra mesh as a template to press in the scales pattern now that you mention it :)

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Whoops haha well it would make a nice scale pattern :p

Imrahil and Cerind like this.
  6. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Nice work so far, i like your idea on the Khorne hounds, intrigued to see the results ;)

Keep up the good work

Gr, Imrahil

Cerind likes this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice looking troglodon conversion, I have done the same but never considered using wire mesh!

Cerind likes this.
  8. Cerind
    Skink

Cerind Member

Yeah I made do with what I had but it works well :)