8th Ed. Challenge Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by eppe, Dec 15, 2011.

1. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

If I'm locked in a challenge and the rest of my unit is whipped out do I still roll to break if the hero in the challenge is the only one left? Does everything else get ignored until the challenge is resolved?

2. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

If one of the units flees the challenge is broken up and you resolve stuff from there.

3. ForgottenKnight2001
    Saurus

ForgottenKnight2001 New Member

Challenge -> Regular combat -> Combined combat results. Even though the unit is gone, he's still part of the combat.

You may be the best fighter in the world, but watching your 30 best buds get turned into red paste and bone chips is demoralizing.

4. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Unless, of course, you spent some gold on a shiny new crown of command. In that case, you will be holding up the enemy death star just about until your last breath :D

5. ForgottenKnight2001
    Saurus

ForgottenKnight2001 New Member

I used the crown of command on a old blood on a cold one geared to the nines for survival for the first time the other day (1+ re-rollable, 4+ ward, had a BSB nearby (which wasn't necessary)) and ran him at a horde of lothern seaguard.

Loved the opponent's look when he realized that his 50 elves, 2 mages and 1 character with the 3 shot bow wasn't going anywhere for a lonnnng time.