1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS chameleon Bat reps

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by ChameleonGnom, Sep 11, 2022.

1. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

Hey, I had this weekend my first Aos game. We met rather sponateous. But it was a whole lot of fun. In this thread I'll try and take you with me on my journey.

Imrahil likes this.
  2. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

So lets get going.

My General Xiuquatl is sent out by the big Frog himself to hunt chaos and gather experience.

The first target a tzeench battlehost!
    Tzeentch - Hosts Arcanum -
    Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs LEADERS
    Fatemaster (145)
    Kairos Fateweaver (435)
    Lord of Change (400)
    The Blue Scribes (160)
    Ogroid Thaumaturge (175)- General- Command Trait: Spell Hunters - Artefact: The Fanged Circlet
    UNITS
    10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (250)
    10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (250)
    3 x Screamers of Tzeentch (100) ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Umbral Spellportal (70)
    TOTAL: 1985/2000 WOUNDS: 76

3. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

Xiuqatl fields his Toruq battlehost:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw
    - Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
    - Triumphs:

Leaders
    Xiuqatl (265)**
    Engine of the Gods
    - General
    - Command Trait: Master of Star Rituals
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    - Mount Trait: Beastmaster
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
    Saurus Sunblood (125)**
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade
    Skink Starpriest (130)***
    - Spell: Celestial Harmony
    Skink Starseer (145)***
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Slann Starmaster (265)**
    - Artefact: Itxi Grubs
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Seraphon Prime - Warden of the Sky (325)***
    Celestant-Prime, Hammer of Sigmar
    - Allies

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)**
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)*
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (110)*
    - Lances
    20 x Skinks (150)***
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    - Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (250)

Core Battalions
    *Bounty Hunters
    **Warlord
    ***Warlord

Additional Enhancements
    Artefact
    Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
    Allies: 325 / 400
    Wounds: 104
    Drops: 11

4. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

We are playing the might and the cunning.
    4 objectives in the middle. Hold 1 hold 2 hold more and additional points for killing galli vets.

Deployment:
    He is lower drops than me and deploys in a castle formation in the middle of his zone. Pinks and screamers as screens al his casters in the middle. He was scared of the prime droping to the side and getting into his birds.

I deploy the prime in the heavens slan and guard in the realmshaper middle of my zone. One unit of knights far to the right. The skinks far to the left with the starpriest. The rest in a castle areound the realmshaper

5. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

Turn 1
    He decides to take the first turn because its my first game and he wants to damage the Basti.
    He casts spellportal and a bunch of spells. When I remind him he can only cast one spell throuh the portal he changes the target from the basti to the knights as he then can spawn a chaos spawn. He moves up slightly to grab the middle 2 objectives. One with the 6 summoned screamers and one with 10 pinks. The 3 screamer claim the far left objectives. He gets his batlletatic against all odds. Holds one, two and more to score 5 points
    Edit: Basti and the 2 remaining knights manage to finish of the chaos spawn and plie towards the middle objectives

Tzeench 5:0 Seraphon

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    Imrahil likes this.
  6. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

Turn 1 Seraphon
    I choose against all odds with my knights and the far right objectives.
    Starpriest, Starseer an Slaan generate 3 CP.
    Tzeench uses finest hour on kairos.
    Skinks on the left get serpentstaff, herald of the olds ones and celestial harmony.
    Slaan casts mystic shield on the Sunblood.I don't cast any more spells as i don't want to generate fatepoints and the lord of change to learn any of my spells.
    Movement: 2 knights and basti move to the objectives with 6 screamer and claim it. Knights on the far right move onto the objective claim it and get my BT. Skinks move onto the objective o the far left. Sunboold moves straigt up.
    Shooting: 40 shots from the skins with serpent staff kill one screamer.
    Then I roll for the Engine and I get the 18 :D double attacks characteristics.
    18 shots from the basti i the lord of change and he saves everything but 1. 3 dmg.
    Charge: skinks make their 5 inch charge into the 2 remaining screamers. Sunblood gets a big 11 with the starseer buff and there is a small opening between the 2 units of pinks and he would get into the lord of change. Kairos dice is used to change it to a 7. Sunblood is still getting into the pinks.
    Combat: I activate the sunblood first and pile towrads the lord of change. The Sunblood deals 11 mortal wounds with the eviserating blade and primal rage. (really felt the double attacks of the engine). Lord of change is dead even before normal saves.
    Screamers deal no dmg to my skinks. Skinks kill the screamers in return. Pinks deal no dmg to the sunblood.
    Scroing: BT, hold 1, hold 2, hold more for 5 points

Tzeench 5:5 Seraphon

Attached Files:

Imrahil likes this.
  7. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

Turn 2:

Priority:
    he roles a 4, but I got a 6. And I take the turn.

Seraphon:
    BT: desecrate their lands
    Sunblood uses his finest hour
    I generate no cp. All my spells get unbound. But the basti gets the serpent staff and herald of the old ones. Additionally I use gift of the heavens on the Engine.
    Movement: everything closes in on his castle. I drop the Prime behind his lines. he redeployes his screamers 3 inch
    Shooting: I targetbkairos with evrything (prime, engine rolled for mortals, basti) and he survives with 1 wound.
    Charge: Pime autos 12, engine gets a 14 with the starseer buff an gets because of fly into kairos. Skinks basti and 2 knights make their charge into the screamers. 5 knights get into the pinks.
    Combat:
    Prime finishes off kairos first. Pinks kill 1 of 5 knights. Engine finishes of the Fatemaster. Screamer deal no dmg. 4 knights deal 30 something dmg to the pinks. Other pinks deal no dmg to the Sunblood. Skinks, basti and 2 knights kill 4/6 screamers. Sunblood deals another 7 dmg to the pinks.
    Scoring: BT, hold 1 hold 2, hold more for 5 points.

Tzeench 5:10 Seraphon

Tzeench turn

He has left 2 screamer 10 pinks the ogroid and the blue scribes and calls it as I lost 4 knights.

Attached Files:

Imrahil likes this.
  8. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

Leasons learned:
    10 dices are not enough for seraphon. 3 inch and 9 inch rulers will be the next thing I get.
    My deployment could have been better to utilzie the 6 ward from terrain in my zone.
    Things I forgot: Asterism, Hand of glory, prayers and mounttrait of the engine and to use the realmshaper. So there is definitely a lot of room for improvement. Starpriest is the hardest unit for me to use, but very strong.

MVP: Starseer and Sunblood combo!

My oponend vowed to beat me next time

Tombomb7 and Imrahil like this.