8th Ed. Channelled dice - bound to wizard?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Little Wolf, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

Me and my gaming group have always thought this was a rule:

When channelling extra dice at the beginning of the magic phase. You roll once for each wizard specifially. If a wizard channels an extra die, that die can only be used by that specific wizard. (Both for casting and dispell dice).

However, with the new book, I was looking at the Troglodon's divining rod: "A DR allows its bearer to channel power and dispel dice as if he were a Wizard". This didn't make sense to me, as dice would be of no use to this specific model. So I decided to check the wording in the BRB, and I can't find anything that says the channelled dice belong to a specific wizard.

So my question: Have we always been playing this wrong? Are channelled dice just added to the pool and common goods from then on? And can anyone think of a reason why we thought this?

2. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

As I understand it, in 8th edition you have a Power Pool or a Dispel Pool that is shared among your wizards. Unless you have an item or ability that specifically states the extra die may only be used by the wizard who bears the item/generated the die, it can be used by any of your wizards.

3. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

You have been playing this wrong all along.

In 7th Edition dice generated by a wizard were personal to that wizard, so you probably assumed that continued to be the case in 8th.