1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Chaos Alliance book incoming?!?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by StealthKnightSteg, Jan 18, 2016.

1. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

from warseer:

Whoah! what will be the Chaos Gargants and Thunderscorn? And somehow I guess the "Deamons of chaos" beneath the hosts of slaanesh might be more something about the deamons of slaanesh as seeing the other subfactions (khorne, nurgle, tzeentch) are divided like that?

Also would this mean that all of those sub factions will see a Battletome and repacks / new models soon then?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Maybe a Battletome and a repack just like Lizardmen got, new models I hope not my wallet can't take any more!

StealthKnightSteg likes this.
  3. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

According to BOLS
    • Thunderscorn (Dragon-ogres)
    http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/01/age-of-sigmar-skaven-brayherds-thunderscorn-latest.html

It will be divided like that, I think all "big armies" in old hammer will be splitted in small factions, as we may see it i.e. of Skaven, Wood Elves etc.

I think this all a list of all chaos related factions:
    Everchosen
    - Slaves to Darkness - equivalent to Chaos Cultists?
    - Khorne Bloodbound - humans with blood lust
    - Daemons of Khorne - demons
    - Tzeentch Arcanists - humans with tentacles
    - Daemons of Tzeentch - demons
    - Nurgle Rotbringer - humans with flies
    - Daemons of Nurgle - demons
    - Hosts of Slaanesh - ?? hmm both? humans with titties and demons with some as well :p
    - Daemons of Chaos - maybe other Chaos five Gods related spawns :)
    - Brayherds - Goats
    - Warherds - Moar Goats
    - Monsters of Chaos - Moar Goats and other Chaotic monsters
    - Chaos Gargants
    - Thunderscorn - Dragon Ogres
    - Master Clan - Rats and rats till the end
    - Clan Verminus
    - Skryre
    - Moulder
    - Pestilens
    - Eshin

TBH I don't know what will be under name Gargants, there is such thing in W40k, Ork machine, but hmm maybe Chaos Trolls or Giants...

Freddy25 likes this.
  4. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

To me
    I'm curious, that's sure, but GW scares me:
    if I'm not wrong, they haven't told us ANYTHING about Aelfs... :eek:

5. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

I think this will be very OP faction, Aelfs. 3 very strong armies combined into one :|

6. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Or maybe they will decide to split them again, as they did with Duardin (Fireslayer + Steamhead)!
    And I bet GW will continue on this path.

I mean: they have created a too big backroung for Wood/High/Dark Elves, it would be unexpected if they threw it away entirely
    in order to join the 3 races in one single army.

Do you know any rumor regarding Aelfs, Momo?

7. MomoTheKiller
    Skink

MomoTheKiller Member

Only heard that they are creating sth stunning. Nothing special tbh, but as I said for me it will be OP "army". The one from AoS rule book with Treemans and Dryad is OP and if you you add i.e. White Lions battalion (or any HIGHBORN combo) and/or Dark Elves combo you will get sth epic. Just read the "new rules" for High Elves, Darks and Woodies, you will see quite good synergies there...

Freddy25 likes this.
  8. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

FWIW, Gargant seems to be their new name for giants. I expect a Chaos Gargant to be an updated chaos giant.

9. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Well, you are right: so we just have to wait and hope GW doesn't put in commerce something broken...
    ... or at least not much more broken than the other armies :D
    It would be interesting if they put a lot of equip customization:
    - you want a horned giant? Here it is!
    - maybe something winged? No problem!
    - what about a Dark-God-themed giant? Ok, you may built it as a burning distorted man (Tzeentch), a giga-sexy monster (Slaneesh), and so on...

I'm afraid this would cost an exaggeration, and I think GW wouldn't spend so much time/money on a single model like this... It was just too nice to be real :argh:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  10. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Honestly I think this is just going to be the Chaos army because while you can make pure Slaves To Darkness or Everchosen, really the only guys who are going to have enough models for a proper unthemed army would be Bloodbound, there simply aren't enough Rotbringers after all. I think this is a clever, and cost-effective, way of making a good Chaos Warriors-esque battletome without having to sacrifice the very interesting and cool individuality of the new sub-factions such as Slaves to Darkness and Rotbringers. And because it's an all-encompassing Chaos book, naturally Skaven and Daemons have a place in there too.

I don't think this will be anything new apart from some Battalions, but I think it will be valuable to keeping the fluff nice and fluffy. And as a big fan of the fluff and the way it ties in to the gameplay, I'm all for this.