8th Ed. Chaos shrine question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by vaalnn, Aug 23, 2010.

1. vaalnn
    Skink

vaalnn New Member

Hey guys, hopefully some of you will have experienced some games against WoC and be able to help out.

A friend of mine went down to the local games workshop store the other day and insists that the staff told him the following:

If the chaos shrine grants either a) nothing, b) stupidity or c) +1 leadership then you can reroll the gift.

I've taken a look through chaos erratas for 8th and 7th edition and can't seem to find any rules supporting this. Does anyone know if this is true or is this just lies to try and avoid another lizzie win in my game against his WoC on wednesday?

Cheers

Vaalnn

2. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

The Shrine is basically a monster/chariot that can give a "blessing" to one of his units in the Shooting phase. You just choose a unit and roll on the Eye of the Gods table in the WoC book. The chosen unit can then benefit from the blessing rolled. The blessings go from Stupidity, S, T, A and armour save bonuses and some other things.

3. vaalnn
    Skink

vaalnn New Member

Yeap, I know all that, It also grants a blessing to any unit with a champion. My question was whether a chaos player gets to re-roll certain blessings?

4. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

he doesn't. the only way to reroll is with a 5pt. enchanted item that allows him to modify the result by 1 unless its a natural 2. also if the gift is fear/terror you get to reroll that if you allready cause fear and terror, not stupidty, you can get stupidity twice.

5. vaalnn
    Skink

vaalnn New Member

Cheers Bib :D

6. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

the eye of the gods rule says, that duplicate gifts always need to be re-rolled. so if the target unit already has e.g. stupidity caused by a previous roll on the eye of the gods table (be it from the shrine or other source), a roll of stupidity must be re-rolled.

7. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

very true, my mistake i wasn't clear enough. the only gift you don't reroll on the chart is 7, the eye is closed, according to the WOC FAQ. also stupidty is rerolled if you allready have it from a previous roll, but if you have it for example from the wizards hat, you don't reroll it, according to the same WOC FAQ