7th Ed. Charging Against Salamanders/Razordons

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arsenal, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

Here is the scenario. The unit is skirmishing, and someone charges the unit but comes in contact with the furthest skink from the beasts (essentially a rear charge on a unit with no rear). Normally you would like up the skirmishers to meet the attacking unit to a maximum width to allow for the most people in combat. BUT! In the rules for the sally/razor is states that in combat the beast ALWAYS (yes it uses that specific work) lines up at the front with the skinks behind.

So, I have two questions on this situation:

1. Do the beasts automatically move to the head of the combat regardless of the contact point of the incoming charge?

2. If you have unit of 3 beasts + skinks, and the unit charging is small enough (say it's a lone hero), do only two of the beasts line up directly in combat with the enemy with one beast behind the lead two? or do they default go 3 beasts wide regardless of the fact you can only line up two to be in base-to-base contact?

Thanks in advance!

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

From what I have read and how I have played it is...
    if it gets into combat, the Salies/Razors allways go in the first row & the Skinks go in the second row.
    now if you get rear or posibly flank charged by a second unit then the attackers can attack the handlers.

3. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

n810 is correct. No matter which models get's charged the Razordons/Salamanders ALWAYS go to the front. If you get charged by another unit while your already in combat then it's possible that your skinks could get skewered (there really isn't any other way for a skink to be once it's in combat).

4. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

Thanks for the replies. Those surely answer question 1, how would you guys play out question number 2?

2. If you have unit of 3 beasts + skinks, and the unit charging is small enough (say it's a lone hero), do only two of the beasts line up directly in combat with the enemy with one beast behind the lead two? or do they default go 3 beasts wide regardless of the fact you can only line up two to be in base-to-base contact?

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Personaly I would line all 3 up in the first row, doesn't mater how many enemies there where...
    just one or 7 wide, I would put all of the salies or razors in the front, and no razors/salies in the second rank, only skinks.

E = enemy
    R = Razordon/Salamader
    s = Skink handlers

.....E......
    ....RRR...
    sssssssss

or

.EEEEEE.
    .EEEEEE.
    .....R.....
    ...ssss...

6. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

As they say: "Word"

7. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

I second that 'word'. Thanks again for the help!

8. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

regarding the 1st quiestion. they follow the rules for skirmishers, they have no flank or rear unless laready in combat. for charging a unit of skrimishers in the flank/rear check the BRB under charging skirmishers or skirmishers in close combat