7th Ed. Chief on a Stegadon

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Medicdave, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicdave
    Skink

Medicdave New Member

I am a new member here and have a rules question that I need help on.

#1. Can a skink priest on a stegadon fire the stegadon weapon using his BS? The book says that he replaces a crew member. It also states that the weapons can only be fired if there is a crew member left to fire them.

#2. If #1 is yes, can he use the "Venom of the Firefly Frog" enchanted item to get rerolls while using those weapons? They are mundane, poisoned weapons.

I have posted these 2 questions to GW and asked someone I know who has worked on the design team for some of the prior army books. The person I know told me to Email GW, so I am not sure how cut and dry these issues are.

2. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

your first quetion have been an issu for discusion already at this forum, and I don't know if we got an straight answere. In my oppinion it wouldn't supprise me if we could use his BS for shooting the howda weapons, but don't thake that for granted...

your second question is a straight no. Howdaweapons might not make use of VoTFF.

I think these two questions were asked and answered in the same post by a man supposedly working at an GW store in Canada( If I'm remembering corectly)

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

For reference, BS 5 discussion, Venom discussion.

It hasn't been resolved, we need to wait for an FAQ properly from GW to get the answer. For now, all you can do is discuss with your opponent. There are legit arguements for and against.

The second thread I linked, with the supposed answers from GW, read the rest of the thread too. It is just some GW chump, not someone who can properly make judgements on the rules, and his answers were inconsistant and made no sense. Really, if the chief can use the giant bow, then there is absolutely no reason at all he shouldn't be able to use Venom on it, since it is a mundane weapon that he is using.

4. didleoman
    Chameleon Skink

didleoman New Member

1 - i assume you mean chief and not priest since the mount for a priest is EotG and see previous comments for review

2 - firefly adds poison to mundane weapons in his possession and since the giant bow isn't his personal weapon i'd say no it doesn't count as the bow belongs to the stegadon

5. strewart
    OldBlood

Except it doesn't say 'in his possession'. I just says all mundane weapons used by him. If the chief can use the bow, then it is, at least in my definition, a mundane weapon used by him.

6. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Yeah, I read through the previous post on subject conserning VotFF, and it seems I was wrong. I thought the clarification was legitim so my bad..
    I would then agree with strewart; we'll have to wait for an FAQ to get our answers.

But in the meantime, you could always sort things out in friendly matches with your opponent and agree beforehand how to interpret the rules. (Generaly speaking, thats a good ide when in doubt ;) )

7. kakashi-sensi
    Skink

kakashi-sensi New Member

I have asked all the people who play warhammer down here and the staff of our local 2 GW's and they have said we would assume that the highest BS is applied so everyone is allowing the chief to have his BS used over the skinks.

8. Itzi-Bitzi
    Skink

Itzi-Bitzi New Member

Hi I have seen an FAQ which states that a Stegadon should be thought of as a war machine for the purposes of stand and shoot etc, and it mentions not using the characters BS. Does this mean that no the Chief may not fire a Steagdon Giant Bow or blowpipe or is the offical FAQ not so official?

9. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

This thread was pre-FAQ. GW has clarified this particular issue, you can get the PDF on their website for free.

10. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah check the date. In fact, I am going to close the thread now, it has dun its course and has since been clarified by the FAQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.