8th Ed. chief on terradon

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by hado75, Aug 31, 2013.

1. hado75
    Skink

hado75 New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm building different lists and looking into the idea of: Skink Chief on terradon.

I have heard that people recieve a -1 to hit when shooting at him (alone?) (terradon/skirmisher?)
    But i'm very much in doubt about this one....

Can you guys clearify this for me please?

Thanks!!

2. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Unfortunately, he does not benefit from the skirmish rule while on a terradon/ripper. As per page 70, first para, the skirmish benefit only applies to flying units of more than one model. This also means that high elves deploying eagle "units" of single eagles don't get skirmish while units of 2+ do get skirmish - if one uses RAW. Arguably, the same would apply to a flying unit that started the game with 2+ models but was later reduced to 1 but that would really be parsing it in the extreme IMHO.

3. hado75
    Skink

hado75 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply and solving this for me!

4. Wizgamer
    Cold One

Wizgamer New Member

I have a further question on this...... please bear with as this may take some logic that I lack :(

Skink Chief has SS 6
    Terra/Ripper has SS 6
    Skink chief is mounted..... does this mean he is 6+ (his own SS), 5+ (mounted), then 4+ (due to the terra/ripper SS)?

I have used this with Terra/Ripper riders as their SS is 6+ but mounted making them 5+

I'd love everyone's opinion on this.....

5. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

No scaly skin does not stack, this is because the BRB errata states "..a model gains no additional benefit from having the same special rule multiple times"

So things like scaly skin, magic res, regen all do not stack, hence why the spell glittering robes has very limited use in a lizardmen army

So a chief on a Terradon would be:
    6+ scaly skin 5+ for being mounted, so a base armour of 5+

However you can easily get two skink chiefs on terradons with 2+ AS and a 2++ against flaming flying around separately and I have used them with reasonable effect since the new book came out.