8th Ed. Combat res from stegadon crew...

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gor-rok, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Say a stegadon fights in a multiple combat alongside another friendly unit. If the stegadon is slain with its' complement of crew intact, thus removing them as well, does the opponent score five additional combat resolution?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I believe each wound caused in the combat would count towards the resolustion.

3. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

ye, the skink crew are "removed" not "slain" and thus wont give any CR. just like you dont get any extra CR from the dead horses when you say a knight :D

4. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

Gotta agree with Lord Tsunami, although remember if ridden by either a preist or skink chief note the they are not slain if the steg is, and if you have a model to represent either the chief or priest they are left where the steg was.

Yours Aye

Mixer

5. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Well, the trouble come in the sense that the book actually uses the word "killed". As in:

"If the mount is killed, then the skink crew are killed too as they are crushed beneath the falling body."

Later, it mentions that the non- character skinks are ignored for victory point purposes- but we're talking about combat resolution, which is quite different.

If an opponent wanted to make an issue of it, I would be hard pressed to defend my side based on RAW. Good thing this came up when I was playing my brother...

6. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

Well the skink crew counts as part of the unit, which is 10 for a steg, so does that mean if its killed and hence the crew die, would that count as +10 combat res?

Yours Aye

Mixer

7. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

i dont have the rule book at work, but i would guess that in the combat results section it doesn not say you get CR for models killed, but rather from "wounds caused". the enemy didnt cause any wounds to the skinks, hence they cant get any CR from them dying. im not 100% sure though, so check there to be certain. :smug:

8. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Ahhh, I think this will work. A very important distinction. I'll run with this interpretation if anyone tries to make an issue of it.