8th Ed. Comet of Casandora: look out sir

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by newlmplayer, May 24, 2013.

1. newlmplayer
    Skink

newlmplayer New Member

Hi, I have been searching around and I can't seem to find the answer. Do you receive a Look Out Sir roll for the comet? It doesn't specify that it is a direct damage, missile attack, or template, so I was wondering what you guys think. Thank.s

2. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Yeah, this is another example of Games Workshop being absolutely terrible at writing rule books. Comet doesn't have a spell type.

However, it's not a template weapon, it just hits the units in range. You could argue it is a template of variable diameter, and in the spirit of the game, IMO you should get a look out sir, but if you take rules as written, it seems to me that you don't get a look out sir.

3. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I would say that it is treated like missile fire. The spell says it causes "hits" against a "unit" within range of the marker. Just like Impact Hits.

4. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

It is interesting because the spell does not indicate that hits are allocated as if it were a shooting attack. However, I would still treat it as shooting since it is the closest equivalent.