8th Ed. Comet

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by EricM, Mar 12, 2014.

1. EricM
    Skink

EricM New Member

Hi all,

The wording on the Comet of casandora spell is unclear to me. It says the strenght of the comet hits is equal to 4+ number of markers on the comet.

When you cast the comet, you put a marker on the battlefield. Does that mean it inflicts S5 hits if the comet hits on the turn it is cast? Seems too good...

Thanks!!

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

The turn it is cast it is at str 4. You immediately see if it arrives. If it does not, then you place the first token.

The next turn, it would be str 5, if it arrives. If not, place another token.

Wash, rinse, repeat until you blow up some stuff.

I do not have the book with me, so I am summing it up.

3. goomba
    Skink

goomba New Member

Yes you do count the first token you put down. If you read the boosted version it stats you start with 2 tokens rather than 1 and add 2 for every turn it doesn't strike. You don't roll for it the turn you cast it. The earliest it will arrive is next magic phase (opponents) and hit at s5 (4+1 token)

4. Zwuppie
    Razordon

Zwuppie Member

Well, the spell don't say that you have to roll in the first turn if the comet arrives! So in my opinion it is uncelar if the spell arrives in the turn you've cast the spell

5. rantapanda
    Kroxigor

rantapanda Member

1. You roll for the comet to arrive in the start of a magic phase.
    2. When you are casting the spell, the start of the magic phase is already over.
    3. Thus the first chance of the comet to land, is in the beginning of the next magic phase.
    4. If it the doesnt land, you place another marker.. for every marker you get an extra hit and +1 strenght for the comet hit.

example. you cast the boosted spell.. it gets 2 markers instantly. it lands on the very next magic phase.
    there is a group of poorsodsbattallion 3 inches away, you roll 2d6 for the area of effect for the comet, and u roll 4.
    so it hits poorsodsbattallion
    with 2 markers currently in the spell, you strike the poorsodsbattallion with 2D6+2 hits and with S6.
    pretty nice.