1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Comets call roll...

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Lifefindsaway, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Lifefindsaway
    Jungle Swarm

Lifefindsaway New Member

Apologies if this has already been asked - i looked and couldnt see it.

I had a question about comet's call. In Kroaks warscroll it says that if the casting roll is 10 or more then its D6 units that are affected. Its doesn't say that its an unmodified roll of 10... only that the casting roll is 10.... so If I have the sages staff and astrolith bearer adding plus 2 to lord kroaks additional +2, does that mean a dice roll of 6 (with its additional +4) equates to a casting roll of 10, or is the casting roll only 6?

Hope that's clear enough lol.

2. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Quite so. Add to that Arcane Terrain if you are lucky, the Slann spell Equilibrium so that other casters are +1, and in total you can sit on +5. My experience with Kroak so far is that he is a power house, but the drawback is that I am getting gray hair from hoping he doesn't miscast and all his spells get wasted.

3. Lifefindsaway
    Jungle Swarm

Lifefindsaway New Member

I hear you lol. Or the dreaded end of phase dice roll.

So to be clear, its 10 or more after any modifications and is not just a raw unmodified dice roll of 10?

4. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Yes, Comet Call requires a 10+ for d6 units, and that ten plus is with modifiers. Good luck raining heavens on your enemies!

5. Lifefindsaway
    Jungle Swarm

Lifefindsaway New Member

My man.

Two turns in a row i rolled 5 and 6 for my D6 units and decimated my opponent. It was so OP i had to check I hadnt misunderstood the rule... lol.

Thanks for clarifying

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Be aware that the trick works not only for Comet. Also Celestial Apotheosis has the "increased" version that kicks in with a modified roll.

Lifefindsaway likes this.
  7. Lifefindsaway
    Jungle Swarm

Lifefindsaway New Member

Ah of course yes. Its actually critical for that i think because 1 wound healed isnt much use, unless it changes a bracket obv...