1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Comp Fangs of Sotek tourny list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Grotpunter, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Looking for feedback and what to spend the remaining 70 points on. Im considering: 10 Skinks, 1 CP or 1 additional Skink Priest. I like the idea of having 2x Skink heroes in case they get sniped. 1 CP vs alpha lists could also be ideal.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (320)
    - General
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger
    Skink Priest (70)
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    40 x Skinks (240)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (220)
    - Weapon: Solar Engine
    Bastiladon (220)
    - Weapon: Solar Engine

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Bound Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (70)
    Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1930 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 135

My plan was to run this at a soonish tournament and I tried to make the list to primarily combat other Seraphon lists, Tzeentch and KO since I believe those are the strongest matchups for us. The remaining armies out there isnt really a worry for me. I considered Thunderlizard for Scaly Skin vs primarily Flamers but also the double shooting of the Bastiladons. I dont think I will have enough CPs reliably to keep the Bastiladons shooting twice while also buffing Skinks.

I think I prefer Fangs of Sotek due to teleport, summon (approx 10 Skinks per turn) late game to grab objectives/create screens and also due to Parting Shot. Not much can deal with 40 Skinks fully juiced up and shooting twice before the enemy gets to bonk on their heads tbh. The Bastiladons are pretty much just there to snipe heroes (especially Tzeentch) and chip away at weaker units. Also to give some oomph in turn 1 with the immense threat range. The Spellportal is there to give some flexibility. You can make a unit -2 to hit with Blazing Starlight through the Spellportal + throw Geminids across the table turn one. It will primarily be used to throw a single Celestial Deliverance through the portal, that combined with Comet's Call and 2x Bastiladon in turn 1 is pretty much unavoidable for the enemy and should tear apart Tzeentch pretty bad.

2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Based on your expected meta, and the redundancy already built in to protect the easy to snipe Starpriest, I would take that 70 and get a second priest.

Dr.Doom, Grotpunter and Jason839 like this.
  3. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I also like double priest. Its a lot of redundancy that seems useful to have right now.

Grotpunter likes this.
  4. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

I just fear I wont have enough CPs to fuel buffs on my units, especially if I get a single round with terrible rolls from Kroak and the Starpriests. You really want to give the Skinks +1 to hit, ideally the Bastiladons but its not as important. Then you want at least 1 Volley Fire, maybe 2 if Hand of Glory fails. Ontop of this you really want another CP for Parting Shot or two, maybe more if both units are pushed up and you risk your opponent getting a double turn. On average you are only looking at around 3 CPs per turn.

An alternative to this would be to cut the Spellportal (might be redundant with 2 Bastiladons tbh) and a Starpriest and include a Slann instead. Would also increase the CCP gain a bit.

5. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Better Part if Valor is a hard battleplan with only 3 battleline units. Id consider using those points to add more.

I also like starting with a CP in fangs list. That way losing 20 skinks in an alpha doesn't mean you're losing the other half to battleshock.

Grotpunter likes this.