7th Ed. Diadem of Power

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Divinor, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

I know I've seen this answer somewhere but search has failed me....

Can the Diadem of Power be used to convert only the wizards generated power dice to dispell dice or his + army pool ?

Basically, can a lvl 1 skink priest convert 2 dice over to be dispell dice.

Thanks!

2. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

Well it says in the rules that the wizard uses his own dice. But he has access to the pool and i don't know if it says anywhere that you have to use pool dice for spells. I would say no by RAW, but I can see an argument for using pool dice.

3. ADisturbingCreation
    Jungle Swarm

ADisturbingCreation New Member

The rules for the Diadem of Power state that "The wizard my save up to two of his own unused power dice...." (emphasis added by me)

By this I would say that only the power dice generated by that wizard, and not the power dice generated by the army, can be converted. So therefore it is worthless to give a lowly level 1 wizard a Diadem of Power just to earn one extra dispel dice - well, not entirely worthless, but it's much better when given to a level 2 Skink Priest or a Slann.

Technically the power dice generated by the army are converted, if used or not, as represented by the "free" dispel dice you get as standard.

4. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Never ever ever give a slann the diadem, unless for some perverse reason you are using him as a purely defensive character in an otherwise offensive army, ie no skink priests and the slann there to provide stubborn TG, Ld, BSB and magic defense in the form of -6's, diadem, maybe a few scrolls (this point is quite a tangent, basically I should reiterate - never give a slann the diadem, it's a waste of his PD and extrea free PD).