1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS DinoStomp army.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Huanchi, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

Hi everyone. Here i'll post my Seraphon army list. I'd like to know if you can tell me how made my army very competitive.
    For now me and some friends of mine are playng with the wound limits, stated at 120. I use two formations. The one about saurus in Grand alliance order,and the shadowstrike starhost.

Heroes.
    Slann starmaster
    Skink starseer
    Skink starpriest
    Skink priest (shadowstrike)

Bloodclaw starhost.
    Oldblood on Carnosaur.
    Scar vet on Cold one
    Eternity Warden
    Astrolith beare.

Units.
    5 saurus guards (alpha,drum, stardrake icon)

5 saurus guards (alpha,drum, stardrake icon)

8 saurus knights (alpha,drum, stardrake icon)

Units from the shadowstrike
    6 chamelons

6 chamelons

4 Rippers.

Monsters

Bastiladon solar engine

Bastiladon solar engine

Engine of the gods.

I like to know your opinions ;-)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

I'm still having a think about it (I'm not the greatest tactician) But one little thing I spotted, assuming you're using the Eternal Starhost, you need 3 Units of Guards and not 2 to get the bonus.

Unless it's needed for your battalion it's also normally better to stick to one troop choice. So I might take out the knights and keep them for summoning if you think you need them for a certain objective.

3. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

Yep it might work. But in our meta we can summon only units that are still present in our list.
    I don't use the eternal starhost, because i use the bloodclaw one, found in great alliance order. I prefer it cuz i can use every command ability. Btw i will try your suggestions. Thanks ;-)

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I agree, either go Guards or go Knights don't mix them or you will lose synergy with other troops also you seem a bit monster heavy with no group troops.

Phoedinn likes this.
  5. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Ah yes, I found out the hard way that doing that makes it far to easy for your opponent to rush in and take out your all to important Slann. More troops in larger numbers will allow you pin down units and pick them off with your ranged units.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  6. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

From now i played with this list versus Skaven pestilens and Archaon and Varanguards. A lot of times. My only losses on the games are the rippers.
    But the still continue to terrorize my opponents.
    My basic tactic is to surround the slann and the starseer with my Guards, keep them away from the battle abd using the arcane vessel ability of the slann to cast spells at 15" away from it.
    The impact line is composed by the Carnosaurs( i usually summon it at the first or second turn alongside another unit of knights)
    And blasting away foes with my two Bastiladons

7. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Well if it's battle tested, I can't deny that sounds very effective! One more point I just thought of is that it might be better to bring two startpriest (SP) instead of an SP and a normal priest. The SP is normally better in it's support role with spells and that nice ability that can beef up your jaw based attacks.

Also if you face a lot of Scaven and other small based minis, a Kroxigor with a moon hammer can be quite nice to sweep through clumps of enemies. Probably the closest thing with have to a template weapon.

8. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

I have to buy the Kroxies. I'm thinking about playing two unit of them. The hammer ability is quite horror for the enemies. Btw i will try out your suggestions. I will let you know.

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

When you get some, change out the guard for Kroxigor. The moon hammer is great against skaven! Especially storm vermin. Plus will gain the benefit from being near the starseerbor engine. Use them defensively at first and the get aggressive as the need arises. But honestly this is a great list, and despite what you may read on here, Kroak is a good selection for your aggressive army due to the summoning restrictions. More deep strike basically. The rippers pick a target to assassinate. The chameleons pick a target to assassinate. Kroak pick several targets to soften up while the bastiladons and Oldblood shoot them, then charge in. The bastilafons jold them down, the knights, oldblood and Scarvet charge in to destroy them. Keep the Slann, starseer, proest, engine, and astrolith in the back behind the guard for bow Krox for later! But move them up to cast the buffs.

Huanchi likes this.
  10. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

Essentially, you suggested me the few models that i have to buy. However i play exactly the same way you seggest me in your reply. I Consider the slann better due its command ability, and his constellation. With the starseer reroll i almost never get the 1 on the constellation chart. In all my games i average roll 4 for it ( + 1 to cast) combined with the astrolith, it means that i can summon my second Carny with 8 instead of 10 on the cas roll. Moreover i cast shield at 3 and arcane bolt (almost never used) at 4. I think that this will be fine.
    I can't wait to own and paint my Kroxigors :D

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Haha! I see you know your tactics well!

Huanchi likes this.
  12. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

Another option i was thinking about are Sallies/Razordon.
    (thinking to convert the sallies from the Dracothian guards)

Ixt, Phoedinn and Bowser like this.
  13. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Razordons are pretty nasty against offensive and/or low-bravery blocks and are generally great for board denial, especially if you can buff their Instinctive Defense roll (which, for better or worse, is a single roll for the entire unit) via Curse of Fates and/or Cosmic Herald.

Combine them with Skinks' Wary Fighters rule (and decent positioning/smart choices electing combat turn order), and they become extremely dangerous to approach.

Huanchi likes this.
  14. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

Mmm that sounds good. Moreover the Razordons modeks are very Awesome. I don't know why but they fit better with the saurus (speaking about the aspect of the models) thanks ;)

Ixt likes this.
  15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Go kroxigor all the way.
    You wanna be really nasty?
    For DinoStomp use the Thunderquake formation, make it savage and plant the astrolith. Bunker the slann within the kroxigor, those guys will re-roll everything : to hit, to wound and saves and will heal each turn. ;)

Bowser and Huanchi like this.
  16. Huanchi
    Cold One

Huanchi Active Member

O.O i have to do it!!