7th Ed. Do characters die if not targeted in CC?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by giant stegadon, May 21, 2010.

1. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

I might just be overlooking the obvious but I can't find a definite answer in the BRB.

If you are in CC & you do enough wounds to kill all remaining enemy troops, do extra wounds then kill a character? The only reason I ask is that you need to specifically nominate attacks to characters normally. Is this just similar to 'overkill'? thanks.

2. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

This was in an FAQ a while back. What happens is you can kill the champion of the unit this way, but any characters joined will be unscathed. You have to nominate attacks against characters specifically. Since characters typically have different statlines, it is important to separately roll to hit and wound etc. against them.

The same goes for shooting. If a character is joined to 5 or more rank and file troops, then all hits from shooting are resolved against the rank and file and the character is untouched, even if you rack up 10 wounds in that volley. If the character is joined to 4 or fewer rank and file, then shooting hits are distributed as follows...

For example a unit of 1 character and 3 rank and file are hit by 10 arrows. First allocate two hits to each member of the unit, so 2 hits on the character, and 2 hits on each of the rank and file (6 hits on the rank and file). For the last 2 arrows, you randomize the hits amongst the 4 members of the unit.