7th Ed. dogs of war

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by bryanabbo, Nov 16, 2009.

1. bryanabbo
    Saurus

bryanabbo New Member

today my friend was talking about dogs of war may anybody plz explain it i heard if they have dog of war that any army may use it? There i9s also tuinchi huinchi riders are dogs of war for lizard men can anybody explain how i use them

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Sorry to break it to you, bud, but DOW is dead. In a friendly game, you might be able to get away with something (personally, though, I wouldn't allow it). That's only if you can find rules for them, and all I can say for that is good luck.

3. bryanabbo
    Saurus

bryanabbo New Member

while thnx anyway for telling me that

4. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

not dead. they just cannot be used by us. they are still useable by empire, WE, Dawi, and some others. there is a site out there but i am not sure of the URL

5. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

The only DoW units my local group allows are the Ogre Kingdoms units, as they're in a current print army book.

6. eggory
    Saurus

eggory New Member

i have someone at my local store that playes the dogs of war. they have all kinds of insane units but their always outnumbered.

i'm not sure so are we allowed to take dogs of war units?

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Officially, GW no longer supports them but they have left the door open to redo them in the future. For now, DoW are not tournie legal and are best used in friendly games with your opponent's approval. Ogres and the giant would be the only exceptions.

Overall, I don't suggest taking them. Every army is balanced to have its own strengths and weaknesses, DoW can fill those gaps. thus unbalance your army. And a pure army looks a lot better on the table than something with mixtures.