8th Ed. Dropping rocks on the march?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Guran, May 10, 2014.

1. Guran
    Skink

Guran New Member

A really short and simple question, but one I was not really sure of; Can terradon drop rocks upon a target they moved over while marching? At first sight it looked like a yes to me, but my friends claim they can't do anyhting after a march.
    And now that I am asking anyway, can a mage pries cast through an arcane vasal that has marched?

2. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

The only thing you can't do after marching is "shoot missile weapons during your Shooting Phase" (BRB 26), unless you are a skirmished unit or Fast Cav.

"As with Fast Cav, Skirmishers ... can even shoot if they marched or reformed earlier in the turn" (BRB 77)

Terradon rock drops happen durring the Movement phase, and marching only stops you from shooting in your Shooting Phase. Plus Terradons are both Skirmished and Fast Cav, so they aren't bound by the "cannot shoot if they marched" rule anyways!

If Terradons "charge" they cannot drop their rocks, though.

Marching does not disrupt a Wizard's ability to cast spells. Neither does charging. So Slanns can cast through an arcane vasal no matter if the Slann marched, the vassal marched, or they both marched!