AoS DT after the new GHB

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Schneelachs, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Schneelachs
    Skink

Schneelachs Member

Hello Guys,

DT is in a good Spot after GHB so lets discuss...

Allegiance: Seraphon - Constellation: Dracothion's Tail -

Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs -
    Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS

Slann Starmaster (265)* - General - Command Trait: Ancient Knowledge - Artefact: Godbeast Pendant - Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)**

UNITS

5 x Saurus Guard (115)*
    10 x Skinks (75)* - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (75)* - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (280)*
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (280)**
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (280)**

BEHEMOTHS
    Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur (400)** - Allies

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Purple Sun of Shyish (70)

CORE BATTALIONS *Battle Regiment **Battle Regiment TOTAL: 1980/2000 WOUNDS: 79 LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/3 ALLIES: 400/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 3/4 DROPS: 2

Krondspine is a tanky option to hold something for a longer time, at least 2 rounds of fighting.

Slann gets at least the first round additinal +1 cast/bind from Krondspine

Purple sun ist now like an auto include, how many players added a Starseer for 145 points just to have the possibility to reduce the save of one unit by one. Now you have for 70 points an AOE Buff -1 Save, plus the possiblity to kill a Model (yes also something like a Maw Crusher) on a roll of 1.

Krondspine also can give All Out Attack to all near by sallis if you need to storm in meele ;)

A 2 Drop is now significant better, because a lot of people will go for Bounty Hunter so in avarage you will see 3+ Drop lists.

Sallis is again in the meta after the removed the Hunter list.

I am free to Discuss!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Tyranitar likes this.
  2. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I've always liked DT, I might try this list out sometime soon. I don't like the idea of the incarnates but unfortunately it seems good. I have a couple questions:

-Have you tried this list out in the 2022 ghb yet?
    -are you actually using flaming weapon on the slann?
    -I was thinking a solarbeam basti would pair nicely with purple sun, what do you think about running one over one of the 2x sallies?
    -do you have a recommendation for a krondspine proxy? I don't like the gw model at all

3. Schneelachs
    Skink

Schneelachs Member

-Have you tried this list out in the 2022 ghb yet?

I had two games, but honest so there is no "new" Meta to compete with top tier list its just testing ;) Atleast with DT you can pick an easy GS because your goal is still to kill your enemy ;)

-are you actually using flaming weapon on the slann?

OK Maybe a special pick but I like to have the option and I dont need a differ spekk in round one (We can always change spells so its easy to adapt).
    And yes, my Slann killt once a wounded Drake with flaming weapon and a charge ;)

-I was thinking a solarbeam basti would pair nicely with purple sun, what do you think about running one over one of the 2x sallies?

I tried many things in DT ;) You can go for it but with a different List, If you go for a Basti you need to have Buff Guys in the Back and afte you send the sallis you have the Basti to go for Buffing. If the Meta will show us real hordes and at least one Deamon horde list, the Basti will be an auto include!

I still think ich you want to go for a Basti and also youse Purple SUN just go ands test TL Lists, if every thing hast -1 Rend more in Shoting maybe still skinks shine again ;) This List would I try:

LEADERS

Engine of the Gods (265)** - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration - Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
    Slann Starmaster (265)** - Artefact: Itxi Grubs - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Skink Starpriest (130)** - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Starpriest (130)*** - Spell: Celestial Harmony
    Skink Priest (90)***
    Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)*** - General - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers - Weapon: Skystreak Bow - Mount Trait: Beastmaster

UNITS

5 x Saurus Guard (115)**
    30 x Skinks (225)* - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    20 x Skinks (150)* - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

BEHEMOTHS

Bastiladon with Solar Engine (250)***

ENDLESS SPELLS

Purple Sun (70)

TOTAL: 1995/2000 / DROPS: 10

-do you have a recommendation for a krondspine proxy? I don't like the gw model at all

Yes I have a Proxy :) myminifactory.com search for Maneater-nagarots, I use "Beast" I saw it several times, obviously its like the best Proxi right now!

Greetings ;)

Tyranitar likes this.