1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS DT in the new GHB

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Schneelachs, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Schneelachs
    Skink

Schneelachs Member

Hello together,

I am sharing my thougts on how DT will look like under the new GHB.

Ofc this is just a theoretical opinion, but I am a Top 50 Player in Germany and only playing DT on any Tournaments.

First of all some general thougts on the new GHB and what will work for DT and whats not ;)

"The Key to Victory" is more or less irrelevant for DT. Armys that can realy kill your Slann by given them turn 1 will now use the sharpshooter Battalion and all others couldent kill him anyway, I think 5 Guard is always a need for evry DT list.

Also the new Heroicactions are more or less irrelevant for DT.

Now it gets nice ;) The new Realmspell is like a Monster and in my opinion we will see a nerf of this Ability soon, but in the time its live we will use it! The possibility to increase it to a range of "18" is amazing, that means often in deployment you hava targets "18" appart and you can put some in range.

The new Realm Command is also nice for Salamander, a bit niche but I think we will see it in use.

The New Aspects are amazing for DT! "Leadership of the Alpha" let us drop 3 Units of Salamander and give them all AOA! This will push us as in Alpha strike Damage!

Battaltactics are our problem, because in general Seraphon have right now not the excess to real GC that are realy needed for scoring those BT. BUT non of the new BT says "starting Army" so we have the possibility to score those BT later with "maybe" Summond Units.

In general so that all of our Points of important units go up, Summoning will be more usefull und relevant!

All those Thougts lead to the following core list, ofc it can be change as we see the Meta, but in general I think this is the core:

Allegiance: Seraphon -
    Constellation: Dracothion's Tail -
    Mortal Realm: Ghur -
    Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs
    LEADERS
    Skink Oracle on Troglodon (250) - Artefact: Godbeast Pendant - Mount Trait: Starborne - Spell: Tide of Serpents
    Slann Starmaster (290) - General - Command Trait: Ancient Knowledge - Ancient Knowledge 2nd Spell: Stellar Tempest - Spell: Mystical Unforging Saurus
    Astrolith Bearer (160)

UNITS
    5 x Saurus Guard (120)
    10 x Skinks (80) - Pipe & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (80) - Pipe & Star Bucklers
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (300)

TOTAL: 1880/2000

With this list you have protection agains Hordes with tempest and tide.

You will do on avarange 8 CP each round and have a super solid range with any casting.

How to add the rest of the points:

I see some Points for just add a Priest, or to dropp 2 Salamander to add PRIME and Purple Sun.

Also just adding Sun and jaws looks fine too!

Also I would like to add Terrawings, the possibility to keep them in reserve and just drop them to use there Mighty shooting ability looks nice, I now its a gamble to play them but for 70 Points they look like a steal, in worst they can hold (steal) an Objektiv anywhere on the Map.

You will pretty good hande other GC because in general they have between 5-8 Woulds.
    With realmspell/Komet/Realmshaper/Prime you have a lot of tools to provide MW damage on Casting/range.

If you go 4 Heros I would also get Tome for the Slann just for extra casting. 4-5 Dropps still looks good in my Opinion ;)

I am open to any discussion, Greets and nice Weekend ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Jason839 likes this.
  2. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I am a little out of touch with streamlined DT lists, have you ever messed around with Krondspine in Starborn? I do not have the model, and haven't planned to pick it up until it gets a warscroll rewrite, but I feel like the teleports alone seem great for dancing around the incarnate.

P.S.: I too am expecting a nerf to the new realm spell. Very abusable...

Jason839 likes this.
  3. Schneelachs
    Skink

Schneelachs Member

Hey ;) Maybe I got you wrong but you cant teleport the spine ;)

And yes I am playing Krondi right now.

Slann
    Priest

Guard
    10x skinks
    10x skinks

3x 2Sallis

Krondi.

I think also, if the Realmspell will be nerved I will kepp on playing Krondi.

Greets

VikingRage and Jason839 like this.
  4. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

haha, being able to teleport the Krondi would be toooo much and much tooo broken if it was actually possible. I wondering more because you can teleport everything else away from the spine than tele the spine itself, but cool to have it confirmed as deadly in DT. I also figured it was almost an auto-include since you can throw the spine up the board turn 1 and pepper the rest of your units down safely turn 2 :).

Cheers

5. Tombomb7
    Cold One

Tombomb7 Well-Known Member

Hi! Interesting lists here! I notice you have t in clouded an AB in either list. Any reason why or jusy not enough points i am wondering if you miss the GC and also the D3 summoning.

6. Schneelachs
    Skink

Schneelachs Member

There is an AB in the "New" List ;)

Tombomb7 likes this.
  7. Brandon Guerrette
    Jungle Swarm

Brandon Guerrette New Member

I took your concept and this is the list I ran vs my cousin Beast or Chaos list last night.

Army Faction: Seraphon
    - Army Type: Starborne
    - Army Subfaction: Dracothion's Tail
    - Grand Strategy: The Day is Ours!
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

1 x Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)**

1 x Skink Oracle on Troglodon (250)**
    - Artefacts: Incandescent Rectrices
    - Mount Traits: Celestial Destruction
    - Spells: Tide of Serpents

1 x Skink Starpriest (140)**
    - Spells: Hand of Glory

1 x Slann Starmaster (290)***
    - General
    - Command Traits: Ancient Knowledge
    - Artefacts: Godbeast Pendant
    - Spells: Celestial Apotheosis, Stellar Tempest
    - Aspects of the Champion: Leadership of the Alpha

BATTLELINE

30 x Skinks (240)*
    - Skink Alpha
    - Boltspitter
    - Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler

10 x Skinks (80)**
    - Skink Alpha
    - Boltspitter

10 x Skinks (80)**
    - Skink Alpha
    - Boltspitter

5 x Saurus Guard (120)***
    - Saurus Guard Alpha
    - Stardrake Icon Bearer
    - Wardrummer

OTHER

8 x Salamander Hunting Pack (300)*

8 x Salamander Hunting Pack (300)*

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Galletian Sharpshooters

**Warlord

***Galletian Command

TOTAL POINTS: (1960/2000)

I got the win and was very nice on turn 2 I had 16 CP to summon 10 skinks and old blood foot hero on one of the objectives down the board.
    The combo of reserve units and teleports made it a good counter to the new BOC army. I did try to run 3 max units of salamanders, but just can’t spam them anymore at 300 points. The ability to summon a GC reliably turn 2 will be really good in this edition.

8. Schneelachs
    Skink

Schneelachs Member

Hey Mate,

nice to see you have success with it ;)

Next time you can try to play FANGS, with 30 Skins I always want to have parting shot ;)

How did the Battalions work für you? In my opinion Galletian Command isent worth it.

Greets ;)