8th Ed. Dual lore slann?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Slaantastic, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Slaantastic
    Skink

Slaantastic New Member

Someone tried to convince me today that a slann can be a level 4 wizard and choose a lore but then if he takes focus of mystery, he gets lore master which lets him pick a second lore that he knows all spells in. I got my hopes up but it simply doesn't appear to be true. Thoughts?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah that sounds like trying to twist the wording of the rules a bit. Loremaster gives him all the spells from the lore that he has, not a second lore.

3. Cowboy jet
    Skink

Cowboy jet New Member

I think it's like Strewart says. And for my ramblings below the result is the same, but there is a difference:

But actually, taking the full rule literally, you do choose a second lore for which you get loremaster.
    But the first lore you choose won't help you as won't get to pick any spells for it. first part of the first sentence of the Focus of Mystery rule:
    Instead of choosing spells normally...

So even if someone is fully convinced you get to pick 2 lores, it won't do you any good.
    Unless there might be a weird combo with some magic item. (plaque of tepok won't work)
    Maybe someting in the new storm of magic expansion. But I think if there is a loophole, GW will come with an updated errata soon.