1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Duckydactyl's Best Lizards!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Duckydactyl, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Duckydactyl
    Jungle Swarm

Duckydactyl New Member

Almost a decade ago I acquired a few new pieces and a 2nd hand Lizardman army. I was excited to paint them and started in on the hobby only to be immediately told by the redshirt at GW that lizards shouldn't be 'warlock purple' or 'tentacle pink'.

Anyway, gave up since all my friends who played Fantasy moved away and never did anything with my very expensive tiny pieces of plastic and pewter. Now, I have friends back into this 'Age of Sigmar' and apparently, I'm going to be entering my first doubles-tournament ever on the 25th! He's playing trees.

Since he chose 'half-naked legs lady riding a beetle' as his centerpiece, I went with my 'bulbasaur' and since everything needs resin and LEDs added to it to make it better....I present to you: My first Seraphon Bastilodon.

He's painted with the GreenStuffWorld chameleon metallics, and his underbelly is contrast arragos dunes. I did a custom resin with blue mica-powder pigment gem, and a blue LED. Battery pack is hidden under the aztec stones (done with GreenStuffWorld aztec roller and some cork). He's still going to get a bit of extra detailing and basing work done, but he's at least mostly ready for battle!

Attached Files:

2. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to see those purple and pink saurus!! Looking good so far nice gem btw wouldn’t wanna be the one standing in front of it !!

Duckydactyl likes this.
  3. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

I'm not sure why a red shirt's opinion on color schemes and what should or should not be matters, but that Basty looks fantastic! If you have pics of the saurus, please share. I'd like to see them. :)

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Cool!

Duckydactyl likes this.
  5. TheLandBeforeTime
    Skink

TheLandBeforeTime Member

Bulbasaur looks amazing! Wouldn't worry about what the gw staff member said, theres nothing wrong with painting lizards in colours other than blue, hes probably been sniffing warp stone or something. One of the best things about lizardmen in my opinion, aside from how awesome they are, is the potential for all sorts of different colour schemes, wether subtle shades to blend into jungles or bright vibrant patterns to warn off enemies, reptiles are some of the most interesting animals on earth and we can take whatever inspiration we want from them and other things too, especially considering that since aos they're space lizards now anyway, so even sci fi themed colours are perfectly justified too

Duckydactyl likes this.
  6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

As someone who has literally a rainbow of colored Saurus....that GW staff member can stuff it.

Paint how you want! Love what you're doing :)

Keep it up, as many have said, one of the many Joy's of Lizardmen/Seraphon is that they can be a wide range of colors

7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice work with your light-up bastiladon!

Duckydactyl likes this.
  8. Duckydactyl
    Jungle Swarm

Duckydactyl New Member

Thanks all for the comments! I wasn't responding because.... dun dun dun...I was painting! Finished my first 1000 point tournament today, doubles with TREES, and our team won best-painted!

So, here are some great shots of my lovely lizard ladies! (You can tell they're girls because they have bows on their tails)

[​IMG]
    My lizards and my buddy's team of TREES. His beetle stole the show.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Realizing I didn't get a great shot of my Razordon or my Ripperdactyls who have custom sculpts on their heads because the underbite is derp and I'm not a huge fan.
    [​IMG]

9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Wow that is some fantastic work!

10. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Congrats with the best painted army.
    Well deserved! Bright colorscheme:cool:

Love that you put the girls in the team;)

Gr, Imrahil

Warden likes this.
  11. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

...whoa...your slann is incredible! The gyroscope-like apparatus and energy effects are phenomenal! Love the bright colors as well. One thing I love about the lore now is since seraphon are "from the stars" now, color schemes can be whatever you like and have really awesome patterns. Not saying that wasn't acceptable before, just that now the lore kinda supports it...least I think so lol.

I recognize the GreenStuff roller on the skink bases and the rings around the slann. I have the roller as well but have yet to make anything with it. Your use of it definitely has me excited to try it out sooner than later tho!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you create the energy orb surrounding the slann? Or is the whole model a custom sculpt?!

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Your Bastiladon is amazing! Love the LED usage!

Yeah, the GW guy you spoke to obviously isn't an actual player / fan. If you read the battletomes and the stories that GW released with them, you definitely get the idea that there is a full gamut of colorings on all of the Lizardmen. (Check out the Stegadons for instance, they literally say that you can pretty much find any color).

Can you reload the pictures of this post? For some reason I can't see them and sounds like they are wicked!

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  13. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

The Slann is actually a model made by Lost Kingdom, as part of their Cuetzpal Kickstarter. It's big, but quite cool.

All very nicely painted @Duckydactyl!

14. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

So they(tournament organization) didn't bother you entering with non-GW models?

It looks much more dynamic than the lazy-ass Slann on his palanquin

Gr, Imrahil

15. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

I see. Man, that KS had a ton of really cool sculpts; specifically the bigger minis. Gotta keep an eye out for future projects like this going forward haha!

Imrahil likes this.