7th Ed. Engine of the gods...

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinker, Mar 6, 2010.

1. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Is the Engine of the gods burning alignment considered a spell?

High Elves have an item that gives them a 2+ wardsave against spells. Would this include burning alignment?

2. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

In the book they are called "effects" not spells. They can't be dispelled so I would think this doesn't apply to the Engine of The Gods. It does not say it is magic though it is resolved during the magic phase.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah they are not spells or people could try to dispel them, so the HE item is useless. It counts as a magic attack, but so do magic weapons and they are not spells.

4. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

The elf player is using the argument that in our FAQ, it says about the engine of the gods that "It is not the priest that is casting the spells" He argues that this then implies that they are in fact spells! His logic makes sense, but I also think it could be a poor choice of words by the faq writers.

5. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

it doesn't really mater. there is a description of spells in the BRB and i think it goes something like this "ability with a set value that must be beaten by dice". the engine of the gods has neither a set casting value nor is it cast by dice or items [bound spell].