Contest Entry thread: The Feathered Serpent comp. (jul-sep)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Killer Angel, Jul 4, 2024 at 7:09 PM.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'm glad to welcome you all to our Seventh

FEATHERED SERPENT PAINTING COMPETITION

In The Feathered Serpent, we pick a different theme each time, and the goal is to represent the theme or find ways to turn it to the ways of the Old Ones.

The theme of this round, as chosen by @Explodingzeb & @ASSASSIN_NR_1, the co-winners of the last challenge, is

"BEHEMOTHS OF WARHAMMER".​

The theme focuses on any large beast or model from any army, not Lizardmen specific... whatever you feel it may fits the theme!.

Original models (sculpts) and conversions are allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the incoming Hall of Fame thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge.

The Rules:
    • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
    • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
    • Max one entry per person.
    • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
    • No voting for your own entry.
    • (for now) Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
    • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill the criteria of the given theme.
    • A diorama is a valid entry, as long as it fits the theme.
    • if you want to re-enter a model that was already listed in a previous competition, pm me before doing it.

The Schedule:

Week 1: now - Theme announcement and entry thread created
    Week 8, Saturday, august 31th: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
    Week 10, Saturday, september 14th: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the entry along with the pictures. The thread closes on the 31th of august 2024 at (roughly) 23:59 but it could be extended a little if there's the need for it. You can also comment and discuss in this thread, it is not restricted exclusively for entries.

2. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Best of luck to us all. :D
    @Explodingzeb & @ASSASSIN_NR_1 , that is phenomenal theme and can't wait for all the entries.

Edit: also, I am beating myself, because I had possibility to buy Dread Saurian about 2 months ago and passed it.

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

That is a great theme, time to tick of a bigger model of my pile of unpainted miniatures :)

The question might be what constitutes a 'Behemoth'?

Grrr, !mrahil

ASSASSIN_NR_1 and JTSleep like this.
  4. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Exactly. :D I still have one Stegadon, but with 12 painted dinos already, it feels to me as "normal sized" model. :D

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

Stegadon definitely counts in my opinion. I had any monster sized creature in mind.

Imrahil likes this.