Contest Entry thread: The Feathered Serpent comp. (Oct-Dec)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Killer Angel, Sep 29, 2024 at 1:51 PM.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'm glad to welcome you all to our Eighth

FEATHERED SERPENT PAINTING COMPETITION

In The Feathered Serpent, we pick a different theme each time, and the goal is to represent the theme or find ways to turn it to the ways of the Old Ones.

The theme of this round, as chosen by @TzhunkiHuanchisukaePiangi, the winner of the last challenge, is

"OLD MINIATURES".​

The theme focuses on old warhammer models, not Lizardmen specific... the older, the better!

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Fame thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge.

The Rules:
    • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. DISCLAIMER: given the pecular requirement of this very specific theme, i'm going to give some rope on this limitation, as long as you don't come up with something painted 5 years ago...
    • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
    • Max one entry per person.
    • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
    • No voting for your own entry.
    • (for now) Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
    • Models can be of any manufacturer and conversion but must fulfill the criteria of the given theme.
    • Original models (sculpts) in this specific instance are not allowed, unless you can include them in a composizion that includes old models.
    • A diorama is a valid entry, as long as it fits the theme.
    • if you want to re-enter a model that was already listed in a previous competition, pm me before doing it.

The Schedule:

Week 1: now - Theme announcement and entry thread created
    Week 9, Saturday, november 30th: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
    Week 11, Saturday, december 14th: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the entry along with the pictures. The thread closes on the 30th of november 2024 at (roughly) 23:59 but it could be extended a little if there's the need for it. You can also comment and discuss in this thread, it is not restricted exclusively for entries

2. - Q -
    Slann

- Q - Well-Known Member

Another interest theme!

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

What is considered to be an old miniature? Anything discontinued? Something "x" amount of years old?

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Well, the proposer was talking about 5th-6th edition
    Which is vague the same... for example, the hellcannon was a chaos dwarfs piece that was still playable in 8th edition. But it's old nonetheless.

That why i've said "the older, the better". if a model was discontinued and now there's a new model, the discontinued model is old.
    However, the old model of tehenhauin, is certainly older than the just passed away saurus cavalry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if you want an old saurus cavalry, you need to resort to this one:

f9028faec74be6ec9b852b0a542e2f39.jpg

As a rule of thumb, ideally a model should have been discontinued and being not used by a good amount of years.
    But i'm not going to be strict on this.

IMO

Last edited: Sep 29, 2024 at 7:20 PM
    JTSleep and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Interesting theme indeed!

6. bucks
    Jungle Swarm

bucks New Member

I like this one. Will have a look at my and try to choose a good one :)

7. bucks
    Jungle Swarm

bucks New Member

Does this Shaggoth count als old modell? I mean u can buy this one again at the store in Resin, but its originally from the 6th.

[​IMG]

I´ve got this in metall version and preparing right now and would paint it for this, but im totally fine to search for another one, if u say its not that "old" cause you can buy this again and its still the latest miniature for this.

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

go for it. ;)