1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS EoG Rerolls in Thunderquake Starhost Batallion

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by General Grivious, Feb 2, 2020.

1. General Grivious
    Saurus

General Grivious Member

Hi all :D

A quick question on the Thunderquake starhost batallon: if i want my bastiladons to go into "savage" mode, do I have to be within 8 " of my EoG ?

Thx :)

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

whole within yes it's a very tight formation

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. General Grivious
    Saurus

General Grivious Member

what? Are you sure its Whoky Within? I don’t see where it say that :confused: ???

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

sorry it's not im thinking astrolith you do have to stay neer it but not that close

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

For a single model unit the term "whoelly" doesn't change the space requirement or its placement. It only affects multiple model units as all of the models must have a porton of their base inside the range of the ability.

6. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

This is incorrect, while the rule on question is just within, if any rule is wholy within, the entire base of every model in the unit best be entirely within that range

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  7. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but its not. To be "within" the closest part of a single model's (belonging to that unit) base must be at or less than the required distance. For a unit to be "wholly within" every model must meet the "within" rules. Thus if a unit has only a single model, there is no difference between "wholly within" and just "within"

8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

there was an FAQ about this when someone asked about wholly within for cover/terrain

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

do you have a link i beleave you but i want something to slap people with when i do this

10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I cant access Warhammer community pages (or errata/faq) while at work due to the internet filter

11. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

Every part of the base must be within for "wholly within", Page 3 of the Core Rules, Designer's Commentary

Q: Sometimes a rule will specify that a model or unit needs to be ‘wholly within’ a certain distance. What exactly does ‘wholly within’ mean?

A: A model is wholly within a certain distance if every part of its base is within the stated distance. A unit is wholly within a certain distance if every part of the bases of all of the models in the unit is within the stated distance. For example, a model would be wholly within 12" of the edge of the battlefield as long as every part of its base was 12" or less from the edge, while a unit would be wholly within 12" of the edge of the battlefield as long as every part of every base of the models from the unit were 12" or less from the edge.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/8f9bd00c.pdf

If it was the other way round where only a part of a single model needed to be within then large single model units could setup much further forwards during deployment, imagine the benefit of deploying a Dread Saurian this way.

12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

well I stand corrected then, there was a FAQ at one point about it. but its would have been older than July of 2019 so ill assume the designers commentary supersedes it

13. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

No worries, it is very easy to lose track of things with all the different erratas, designer commentaries all across loads of different armies and rule books :(

14. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

right? they need to release an AOS2.5 core rule book as soon as every existing faction has 2.0 rules, that condenses and explains in clear, precise wording al the updates and faq/commentaries so that "THE RULES" as they used to be called are actually that lol

The17thYak likes this.