8th Ed. EOTG question / joining flying units with a hero

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arraine, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Arraine
    Skink

Arraine New Member

Hey folks

1) EOTG: As this is a spell I assume it can be used in combat. The book says it targets all enemy units withing 4D6". I was wondering whether that includes units in combat (also the one stegadon is fighting)?

2) Can a skink chief on a terradon / ripperdactyl join a unit of terradon/ripper riders? and if so, does he get to do rock throw or a bonus to toad special rules?

3) Single model units like Stegadon and Bastiladon reforms. Say a unit of warriors ends up behind my stegadon and it's my turn. I understand that you cannot charge if the unit isn't within your forward arch. But as no musician is involved, a swift reform cannot be made either. So am I wrong in thinking that I cannot charge them that turn and should either try and get away or reform to face them?

2. Wizgamer
    Cold One

Wizgamer New Member

1) Direct Damage - cannot hit units in combat or be fired from combat

2) officially he cannot join. Drop rocks is possible as listed under 'character mounts' but Toad Rage is not listed

3) do you mean reform as you are fleeing?

3. Arraine
    Skink

Arraine New Member

I meant they moved/pursued outside my forward arch... now I would like to turn my stegadon and charge them and I was wondering whether that is allowed or not.

4. Wizgamer
    Cold One

Wizgamer New Member

I think you can pivot on the spot with a reform without leadership test as not fleeing. However, I don't think that you can move after turning unless it's a swift reform

5. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

a single monster can pivot freely as much as it likes during its move, so you can change to any facing you want

however, you can only charge units that are in your front arc, you cannot charge a unit that is behind or to the side of you with a monster (or any unit)

so no it is not allowed to turn then charge in the same turn

6. Arraine
    Skink

Arraine New Member

Thanks

7. twistedmagpie
    Saurus

twistedmagpie Member

I think you'll find that it's only Maggic missiles that you cannot cast 'out from combat'. The other thing is that I beleive (not sure as I don't have my book) is that the spell doesn't 'target' units - it just does damage to every unit in 4d6"