7th Ed. EOTG Quicky Questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Boomer, May 4, 2009.

1. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

1. Nothing prohibits more than one EOTGs correct?

Arcane Configuration says "...If you have multiple Engines, each must choose a different Lore" so I assume that pretty much says you can by default...

2. You have 2 Engines within 12"...you declared Portent of Warding already for both Engines

I assume you can use 2 of the same "effects" because it doesnt say anywhere you cant and also because the Engine is not defined as a Magic item per se limiting you to one. Further, it generates an "effect" which can't be dispelled nor are the "effects" described as Magic spells either.

3. ..one takes a ranged wound and fails the 3+ save...can it then attempt a 5+ Ward save on itself from its own Engine ?

It says ALL FRIENDLY UNITS - so I assume that includes himself too?

4. He fails his own Ward save and then attempts a 5+ Ward save from the other Engine?

Does that work too? I would think so...

Tanks to all ! Booms :D

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

You cannot have multiple ward saves and ward saves do not stack. Ancients have 2+ armour don't they?

But if you had 2 engines near each other, they would get 1 ward save. By the strict wording of the rule, all friendly units get a ward means that it doesn't effect the actual engine. But I think it is definitely designed to effect the engine, I think if it like the Gungan Fumba 'bubble' force fields in SW ep 1.

So yeah, you can't have 2 ward saves but yes you can have 2 engines and both use them same ability.

3. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

No...your thinking of the Howdah...it has 2+...the Ancient Steg has 3+ save for itself...

When you say Wards cant stack, your basically saying the Stegs cant "mutually cover" each other with the twin Engine Ward saves....how would that work then if for e.g. there was a screen of Skinks within 12" of both Engines and they were getting pelted...does that apply as well to them? - that they could basically use the Ward save from only one Engine? (or they too would be stacking)...if so, having twin Arcanes would be pointless I suppose...

Anyone else?

tx

4. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Like Strewart said.. you can only USE one ward save.. If your Steg fails his own 3+ Armour save then he gets the best ward save he has at that moment.. wich is 5+.

Like your skink example.. They only get to use 1 Ward Save.. If you would use 5 Engines.. and use the Portent of warding.. and everything is in 12", you still only get to use the highest save you have. Its somewhere in the BRB.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

The advantage of two is you can spread them out to cover more of your battle line, you could have your army across ~24" or so rather than just within a 12" radius of one engine.

You cannot take multiple ward saves, but yes you can take an armour save followed by a ward. Same as if you had an old blood or slann with a ward save under the cover of an engine, merely the best ward would be taken, not all of them.

6. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

7. Boomer
    Skink

Boomer Member

Copy all that..thanks to all.

Booms ;)