8th Ed. Etherial SMP Immune to miscasts?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Phoenix89, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Phoenix89
    Skink

Phoenix89 New Member

I just read in the BRB errata that spell miscasts are considered non-magical, does that mean a Slann with the higher state of consciousness discipline would be unaffected by miscasts? I did a search for this but I didn't bring anything up so I apologize if this was already answered and I missed it.
    Thanks guys!

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Cupped hands is the only real protection in our book.
    (besides the throne of vines spell)

3. Phoenix89
    Skink

Phoenix89 New Member

Ok I just saw in the errata that miscasts are treated as magical, from the one I was originally reading they said it was not counted as a spell so I took that to mean it was non-magical. Looking down the page more I saw that it said they were magical, oops! thought I was on to something there.

4. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

For a caster thats so crucial to our army, the lack of protection is kinda suprising.

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Even if I take the Lore of Life, I always take cupped hands. I am notorious for rolling 1s on either throne of vines, cupped hands, and one time both. Anyway, it is always nice to ignore the miscast. It is especially nice to transfer the effect to the other guy!

6. Phoenix89
    Skink

Phoenix89 New Member

Yea, I usually run mine with life and cupped hands, and immediately get that throne of vines up. I only actually suffered the loss of my slann once, and that was because I was in combat and all my temple guard decided to miss and even after re-rolled leadership they ran, 4 inches.