1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Fellow Dearborn I a humble behemoth must ask

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dread Saurian, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

So am I allowed to be used with the new book or do I have to wait for FW to update me?

2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Of course, you are! The Dread's WS is still very wierd, because it is still a celestial daemon, but it is 100% usable.

Dread Saurian and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Yeap, can still use the big boy. Still expensive, but he benefits from just about every none keyword related buff we have. I'm fairly sure his bite is also a Jaws attack, so he benefits from Coalesced additional bites.

Dragvindel and Dread Saurian like this.
  4. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Inconprehensible moans oh fuck yeah time to rip people to shreds on my oddly only -1 rend bite

Carnikang likes this.
  5. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

I like to see myself as a greater daemon of the old ones

6. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Isn’t it -2 rend
    0189EA33-D07D-48DA-9580-F2625741F42C.png

And yes it’s a jaws attack!!

7. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Thank you for the correction I appreciate it

IggyStarhost likes this.
  8. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

The Dread Saurian is quite a bit better, especially with Coalesced giving scaly skin and +1 attack to the jaws, also if taken in thunderlizard you can add +2 wounds as well. Combined with the regeneration it i very durable, 18 wounds, 3+ save, reducing all damage from attacks with 1, heals d3 each hero phase.

The damage it does with the added bite is also decent. 12.5 VS 4+ saves normally and vs monsters with reroll 1 to hit and wound this goes up to over 17 average damage or 13,5 vs a 3+ save so basically enough to one shot most other big bad monsters in the game.

Carnikang and Dragvindel like this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

you were stronger than you realized!

Dread Saurian and Dragvindel like this.
  10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

the only problem is the "nonbo" (non combo) of scaly skin with the DS preferred targets. its attacks and damage make it a horde obliterator, while not having -3 rend makes it a bit iffier on heroes and other high save monsters.... but at the same time, a horde of 1 damage battleline troops will completely negate the scaly skin purpose.

Dread Saurian likes this.
  11. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

So few things got rend 3, so I dont see how that disqualifies it from hunting monsters. Especially considering it can reroll 1 to hit AND to wound against monsters specifically and as I mentioned it will on average outright oneshot or severely cripple a Mawkrusha or Frostlord on stonehorn, which are the biggest and toughest monsters commonly out there. "lesser" monster such as Greater Demons with their 4+ saves will just fall over and die when it gets close. All these monsters will also deal far less damage with -1 dmg to all their multi damage attacks. A Mawkrusha for example has 8 attacks with 2 dmg from the megaboss and the same from the Mount, so all the damage it does is HALVED against the Dread Saurian (or any coalesced), it will be a sure win win engagement.

Dragvindel likes this.
  12. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

So, I'm of the thought that there will have to be a new warscroll for the Dread Saurian once the battletome is released. There's a few keywords on the current WS that are no longer valid in addition to whatever the new CCP cost will be to summon this guy (although 40 pts with the new system will still work to never have this guy be summonable lol). The fact that the carno now deals almost as much damage with its bite as the DS also has me thinking they're going to need to rework some things.

Even though I don't have one or plan to get one (IMO, the sculpt is just "ok" and it's quite pricey), I'm really curious to see what the final WS ends up being!

13. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

If it is still alive after a single combat phase, of course.

ILKAIN and Erta Wanderer like this.
  14. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

or if they get the charge.... or a fight first mechanic, or there's more than one unit... lol

15. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

and if i use the skink staff it can very much get up to 48 damage for all the bites at -2 rend which is bonkers

16. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

with a dread being coalesced it could very easily become one of if not the single most devastating unit next to the bloodthirster of insensate rage

17. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

bloodthirster of insensate rage and its stupid ass outrageous carnage ability i feel is one of the most devastating units out there

18. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

if youre running a dread you have a skink priest near it at all times and a horde of skinks to give them unbreakable plus you use the ability to double its damage on bites, plus ad it being coalesced you get 4 attacks for the bite at double damage to equal 48 damage at rend -2 then add in the claws and the fucking tail and kaboom it COULD get up to 64 damage in a single round of combat if all the rolls got through

19. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

The BT of insensate rage's ability is dumb granted but triggers on 6's to wound so on average once or twice per game. The problem comes from the combo argarth king of blades/bloodlords to get him to 2+ reroll 1, 2+ reroll 1.

Dread saurian will be scary this time around but still hard to move.

Dread Saurian and Carnikang like this.
  20. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

You cannot double damage on bites anymore, unfortunately. Now Starpriest ability gives mortal wounds on natural 6's to-wound rolls.