1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Finally a game of AoS

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by little-myth, Jul 16, 2015.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Finally had two games, one; one vs one and then a tag team battle. Learned some things while playing this, and got a stroppy boyfriend, he kept screaming that Ripperdactyls are broken. 9 attacks that somehow generated into 20 anyone?

Not sure if already said but it turns out no matter what the model looks like, it can still attack with all weapons on the list. Somehow Skinks randomly pull out boltspitters and stuff, eh?

Finally had a win for once too, had a sudden death due to me having a very small army, Skink Patrol organisation. He had two types of large Dwarves and a unit of Chaos Cav. Used Blunt rule on one of the units he chose, my Rippers were indeed rippers.

Had another battle, which was a tag team. This time I just used 20 Skinks and a Basti, joined my defeated opponents side (boyfriend) and went two units each. We went up against Undead, and Elves. Game was cut short though.

I brought some more Rippers and some round bases, have all the Rippers and a Slann to summon more.
    As an overall, I was confused most of the time. Rules are odd, you can still lose even though your models are hidden. My boyfriend still raging though against the Rippers :smug: If that's their rule, it's their rule.

Ixt likes this.
  2. Rhavin
    Skink

Rhavin New Member

description
    A unit of Skinks has 10 or more models. Some units wield Meteoric Javelins and carry Star-bucklers. Others loose crackling projectiles from Boltspitters and Either wield Moonstone Clubs or carry Starbucklers, while some fight up close with Moonstone Clubs and Star-bucklers.

Looks like you can choose between those different loadouts for your skinks.

Ixt and hdctambien like this.
  3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

I favor the clubs & spitter combo, myself. Rippers are crazy in combat, yes, but also very soft compared to other stuff. It's a nightmare for the unit they're up against if they go first. A negative to-hit modifier works wonders against them, not that all armies have access to that stuff.

In general, the power factor has been amped up for all armies. Just tell him to give a look at his Quarrelers! They are insanely good! If he keeps complaining, cite the Longbeard special rule and put him in his place: "I thought Dwarves were made of sterner stuff!" ;)

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

or look at what Ogres got. :wtf:

Ixt likes this.
  5. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

They are craaaaazy strong!

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Watched a battle report on them last night,
    they completely Stomped Dark elves. :eek:<-:p
    (and they have a monster that keep rolling for wounds too)

7. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Huh! On paper, it looks like it could go the other way pretty easy. Could you PM me/post the link? I love to watch a good Dark Elf stompin'. :)

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

This one.

Slanputin and Ixt like this.
  9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

^
    yep Ogres getting more rerolls than elves. o_O

Ixt likes this.
  10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Hmmm, I will go question that next time I go. Even then one of the guys in the store looked over the sheet about five times and did not notice that. I did say at the start of the battle about what my Skinks are equipped with, they perked up saying what do they have on the list. When I say, he quickly says whatever the model looks like. They use all on the list. The manager says nothing and the guy has played many games of AoS, still I will ask it when I go.

11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

There are an awful lot of unwritten rules in this new game —as if they are relying on various defaults and habits from 8th to carry over— and I am very tempted to build a Stegadon that sports all possible weapon options. (Go, go, go, gadget Steggy!!)
    • All models in a unit must be similarly equipped. 8THammer? unwritten carry-over.
    • All models in a unit must use the same AoS weaponry load out / stat line for the entire battle. SiggyHammer, unwritten rule?
    • All models fight with the equipment as modeled even if this means a mix of equipment in units. SiggyHammer, unwritten rule?

@little-myth — looking forward to reading what you discover next trip.

12. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

Yeah the equipment rules are spotty at best. I took the unit description to mean these are the equipment options you can have. But then I couldn't tell if it was by model or by unit. The Skink Priest seems odd too since if you take the vestments one you apparently don't get the ranged attack.

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Well I should be down Thursday. I should be able to ask some questions about the weapons, mostly to the manager.

14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Looks like the "Go-go-gadget Steggy" concept is all wrong after reading the two Steg warscrolls more closely. A sngle Steg with EOTG, and a bolt thrower, and blowpipes is a no-go. But a Steg with sharp horn attacks and stomp attacks is the norm.

In that one war scroll there is an example of:
    • choosing which weaponry line applies and
    • there is an example of every weapon line applying

15. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Skink description refer to the unit, though? I think they'd all have to take the same stuff.

Slanputin likes this.
  16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Back from the workshop and covered the questions, turns out the guy was teaching me wrong. I have to pick the equipment for the Skinks, I had that feeling from the very start of the game.
    I ordered the Archway from the scenery, so when I can pick that up. I can sit and Lizard-fy it for my Lizardmen swamp/ jungle scenery.

Ixt and n810 like this.
  17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Me and my son and his friend played a 3 way AOS, my sons ogres killed a 30 strong unit of dreadspears in one turn, my sons friend playing with my LM killed a unit of cold one cav in turn one.

Executioners and shadowblade are killing machines though.

Ixt likes this.
  18. Carrp
    Skink

Carrp Member

Played a DE player, he bunkered his bolt throwers and crossbows behind a wall of black guard and executioners. It was insanely strong.

But yes you choose one or the other for equipment load outs

Ixt likes this.