AoS First try at 2k TL list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Plushosaurus, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Plushosaurus
    Skink

Plushosaurus Member

Here's what I've come up with for a first attempt:

Leaders
    Scar-Vet on Carnosaur (215)*
    - General
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Mount Trait: Beastmaster
    - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny

Engine of the Gods (265) **
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflagration

Slann Starmaster (265) *
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Skink Priest (80) *
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)*

Stegadon (265)*
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Stegadon (265)*
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)**

Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)**

Core Battalions
    * Warlord
    ** Linebreaker

Endless Spells
    Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Enhancements
    Artefact

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Drops: 9

Maybe I shouldn't do 2 Bastiladons, and try to fit in a Skink Chief on Stegadon and 5 Saurus Knights instead? If I went that route, I would probably add a 2nd Skink Priest with Heal, and switch the EotG prayer to Curse.

The latter would be less shooting, but a bit punchier perhaps? Or instead of the Skink Priest I could drop the Lifeswarm and add a Starpriest or Starseer... though that's starting to turn into a more melee-centric focus.

For the above, I was thinking shooty/tanky with some melee threat, especially around the Carnosaur as an independent operator. Although as it stands he has no screen, unless I'm aggressive with the Stegadons.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts!

2. cyberhawk94
    Cold One

cyberhawk94 Active Member

I would definitely take Curse on the Engine, it can make the bastilidons straight up delete whatever target they shoot at. Everything else looks really solid

I personally love double bastilidon. In my expierence opponents will try to remove 1, but 2 is just so many wounds, and you dont really care if the first one dies since the Trove CA means you only lose 1/3 of the firepower.

Margawt and Plushosaurus like this.
  3. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

As you touched on, 2 bastils and an eotg suffers from diminishing returns. 1+1 or 2+0 is solid but once you add a 3rd target for double taps you're paying a lot for redundancy.

5 Knights goes well with the Carno. That way they can screen or block off enemy units in melee and they pack a decent-ish punch on the charge, especially with curse up. For ~350 pts they make a pretty nasty expendable flanking force.

Chief is good but competes with Carno for CT, MT, and artefact so that might be an issue.

Plushosaurus likes this.