7th Ed. First Try at 500 and 750

Discussion in 'Lizardmen Army Lists' started by Lizard_of_Mictlan, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Lizard_of_Mictlan
    Jungle Swarm

Lizard_of_Mictlan New Member

Well I usually play at 1500 or more, but most of my friends have left the hobby. My one friend Matt is picking it up though, and he has purchased the "Battle for Skull's Pass" box set. Here's where my reason for making 500 and 750 point armies. So given the troops available in the "Battle for Skull's Pass" box set, I have made these lists (since I don't know if the box set has enough troops for 750 or for 500 points) Give me any advice possible, please.

500 points
    Heroes

Saurus Scar Veteran 111
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Light Armor, Great Weapon

Skink Chief 95
    Cloak of Feathers, Enchanted shield

Core

10 Skink Skirmishers 60
    javelins and shields

10 Skink Skirmishers 60
    javelins and shields

Special

3 Kroxigor 174

Total points: 500

750 points

Heroes

Saurus Scar Veteran 111
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Light Armor, Great Weapon

Skink Priest 110
    level 2 Wizard, Biting Blade

Core

10 Skink Skirmishers 60
    javelins and shields

10 Skink Skirmishers 60
    javelins and shields

Special

3 Kroxigor 174

Rare

Stegadon 235

Total Points: 750

I realize the Stegadon is an unconventional choice at 750. Given my friends greenhorn status I feel that I will be able to use it effectively to rule a flank while the Kroxigor move up the other. The Scar Vet will go up the center to provide leadership and then strike oppurtune targets. At 500 points I plan to use the FSOD and JSOD to wreak havok while my kroxigor tear it up with charge after charge into flanks. :meh:

Whaddya Think?

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

What role does the skink chief play in the first list? :meh:

If it's an FSoD, I think he could benefit from some more offence. Perhaps BSoSotek and/or add. hw?

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I agree the FSoD should be better equipped maybe 2 hand weapons with the blessing of Sotek. Or Some sort of Strength boosting weapon and Sotek would be better. If your fighting greenskins the 2 hand weapon skink should work but against dwarves you will need higher strength to do any damage. Also rember both armies are going to have solid rank bonus, your going to need something to deal with combat res, or else you may want to stay out of combat as much as possible.

4. Carlo Marx
    Cold One

Carlo Marx New Member

In your 750 why give your priest the biting blade? Waste of points it seems like since he wont be in any combat, or shouldn't be in any combat. Better to give him nothing at all and with the extra points give your JSoD the spawning of quetzl and make one of your skinks scout.

5. Lizard_of_Mictlan
    Jungle Swarm

Thanks for the replies. In the first list the FSOD and JSOD will be attempting to get behind the line to wreak havok on the cannon and thunderers. The Skinks will screen my Kroxies, who will (hopefully) be around to sweep up any remaining infantry since I expect the JSOD to dispatch of his primary target quickly and then charge into the rear of the infantry. Maybe there's a better way to do this?

In the 750 point list the Biting Blade is only on the priest because I couldn't find a better place to throw ten points and I figured a contingency item isn't the worst way to throw some points out.

6. Carlo Marx
    Cold One

Carlo Marx New Member

Make one of your skinks scout. Theres 10 pts.

7. Lizard_of_Mictlan
    Jungle Swarm

Scouting Skinks! OF Course! Boy do I feel silly. :oops:

8. Carlo Marx
    Cold One

Carlo Marx New Member

i"ve done it too.